Aspire 9

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Re: Aspire 9

Post by CarveOne »

The icons are probably small because your computer monitor settings may be defaulted to a high resolution like 1920x1080 or even higher. Windows (and probably other operating systems) has a way to easily change the screen resolution. For Windows 7 do this:

1 - Move the cursor to a position on the desktop that is empty of icons. Right click on the desktop and you will get a menu list. Choose Screen Resolution. Look at the options. Choose the one that is the next lower choice. If it gives you an icon size that you like better, click on Apply, then Keep the current settings, then exit the menu.

2- The icons and associated text will be a bit larger, and the icons may be shifted from the original positions, so move them back to where you want them.

3. A downside effect is that you will have a little less drawing space on the screen when working on your CAD projects. It only means that you will use a slightly different zoom level when working on drawings. After working with it for a while you won't even notice.

Windows 10 has an additional screen setting that allows changing the size of text and apps independent of the screen resolution setting in percentages.

Check this info out before writing off the Aspire V9 upgrade. :)

CarveOne
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

dwilli9013 wrote:Not complaining by any means but I was really hoping for a shortcut key or right mouse button menu for the start line command.
Version 9 Aspire surely delivered on some big changes. I hope to utilize them all in upcoming projects as I progress.
It was certainly worth the wait. :lol: :lol:
If you press the space bar that will bring up the polyline (draw line) tool.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Adrian wrote:If you press the space bar that will bring up the polyline (draw line) tool.
It will start a new segment if you already have the polyline tool selected. The space bar on my PC has never started the polyline tool. Sure wish it did though.

4D

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I was assuming (maybe incorrectly) that the last tool used would be the polyline too. In V9 pressing space bar activates the last used tool. If it's the rectangle tool you get that, if it's the polyline tool you get that, circle tool etc.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Adrian wrote:Now you've got me confused Leo. The new way is a little icon and the old way is a big icon so I would have though you would prefer the old way!

Personally I have both tabs open all the time so I never switch anyway.
I like the new location of the icons
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Will Williamson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Thermwood CS-45 5 x 10

Post by Will Williamson »

I usually him and haw about upgrading but this time i jumped on it ASAP. I like everything about the new version. Can't wait to try the new two sided material.
Will Williamson willmade.com
Williamson Lumber & Millwork Inc.
Capac, Michigan