Reverse direction of a component

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Frunple

Reverse direction of a component

Post by Frunple »

Here's something I can't believe I never had to do before, seems like it should be easy but I can't find out how.
Can't post pictures right now but if needed I will later.

So take a simple rectangle, say 1" x 3", and click "create a shape" with it selected. choose the dome shape at +90 and the arced portion will be along the 1" side with a slight arc at the ends of the 3" side.
I need the opposite. Need the full arc to be along the 3" side. How do I do that? I feel like I'm missing something very simple but can't see it.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: Reverse direction of a component

Post by dealguy11 »

Not really getting what you're wanting. When I follow the technique you describe, this is what I get. There are arcs both at the ends and the sides. What you you want different?
Attachments
Rectangle to loaf.JPG
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

I made a couple of guesses about what you might want. Are either of the new shapes what you had in mind? They're made with 2-rail sweeps. Instead of starting with a rectangle, you'd use either the short or long sides of the rectangle as rails, and make an arc for the sweep.
Attachments
rectangle to loaf alternatives.JPG
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Frunple

Post by Frunple »

dealguy11 wrote:I made a couple of guesses about what you might want. Are either of the new shapes what you had in mind? They're made with 2-rail sweeps. Instead of starting with a rectangle, you'd use either the short or long sides of the rectangle as rails, and make an arc for the sweep.
That's the one at the bottom!
I knew I was missing something easy.
Thanks.