Perpendicular lines

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
wood400
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 7090 cnc router

Re: Perpendicular lines

Post by wood400 »

Hi Folks . Things are going well. Working great for the perpendicular lines. Can anyone say if there is a way of making dotted lines to show hidden detail, This is a great way of removing the chance of marking lines on the wrong side.
Can anyone help?
Thanks alan
:? :? :? :?
Attachments
WP_20170720_20_07_04_Pro.jpg

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

No dotted or dashed lines possible with the polyline tool, but getting clever with the texture tool "may" produce a facsimile. I don't use the texture tool on a regular basis, but I'll play with it and see if I can trick it to do something close.

You could also use the array tool with a short line segment to put several in a row to make what looks like a dashed line. Make all the segments a group so they stay and select as one. I don't use different line colors but you could make a strip that was a joined section of black and white (background) color that would act more like a single solid polyline.

4D

wood400
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wood400 »

Thank you 4D. I am involved with roofing construction geometry for apprentices. i normally do this all out on a sheet of birch ply. this new facility in Aspire has given me the inspiration to create this in Aspire. I think if i can get around this in aspire it will be a great learning tool to give understanding.
Thanks alan :) :) :) :)

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

I've played around a bit. Your best bet so far would be to use the array tool to "build" a dashed line. The line segments and gaps can be varied for different visual densities. Be sure to save the array as a group.

4D

wood400
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wood400 »

Hi 4dthinker. thankyou for thinking outside the box. i really appreciate your help. Cheers alan :D :D :D