Because the v9 of the Aspire is just around the corner, I think it is the time to start a new topic about the things that I wish to see into the v9.5 of Aspire so that the Vectric developers to don't complain that they are out of inspiration for developing new features.
- Better 3D file import capabilities. Not just .skp files but also .3DM (Rhino) .dae (Collada) or maybe also other 3D formats.
- Better handling of the geometry when "importing vectors from a file". Right now if the imported geometry from .skp file have mechanisation on both faces, Aspire is creating the necessary shapes for both faces into the same place, meaning I need to take care and manually separate the geometry of the other face and create a new file for the second face mechanisation. I would love to see a more automatic solution for handling this situation. Also would like to see instead of automatic nesting of all the parts from the .skp file into sheets an option to save as individual files for every component and if the component have mechanisation on both faces, the automatic generation of two separate files adding a name extension, like "_top", "_bottom".
- When "import vectors from file" to take into account the thickness of the components. Right now if I have into an .skp model different materials and thicknesses associated to components, when importing in Aspire everything is nested into the same sheet without taking into account the thickness of the components, so if I have mixed components, let's say some of them have 19.8mm and others 18mm thickness, Aspire is nesting them into the same sheet of material.
- MAC and Linux version of Aspire. Because Windows sucks. I have only Macs machines, and run Windows only in virtual machines. I'm working for a company that recently lost a lot of projects files because theirs machines was infected by the WanaCry virus. When comes to security, Windows is a joke.
- Python scripting capabilities. Because a lot of other 3D software packages are using Python as scripting engine will be more easier to learn one language to rule them all. I have python scripting capabilities in Fusion360, Rhino3D, Blender. Aspire and Sketchup... out of luck.
- I need some better extension capabilities as I'm using Aspire professionally and I need something like this capability to be created into a way or another: Individual DXF Batch processor
- Better support for 4th axis rotary machines. Recently I had the opportunity to work with a rotary lathe machine with knifes
and I needed to use Artcam just because I was unable to get any output from Aspire for such kind of machines.