Change of email address

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
3Dsigns
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRT 96 & DIY Foamcutter 10x7

Change of email address

Post by 3Dsigns »

I've been trying to get some help. My WIN10 computer had some serious problems and had to be wiped. I backed up all files before wiping it but afterwards, when I tried to re-load the backup of Aspire 2.5, 2.6 or whatever it was, I couldn't seem to have any success. So I contacted tech support and was told that they had no record of my email address. Well, my email address has been changed several years ago and I no longer have that one. I provided the old address to tech support but haven't heard back yet. My phone service plan doesn't have international calling or I would have called.

I could load my DVD of Version 1 program but it doesn't have the ''nesting'' function which I need to use. Also, if they don't have record of my old email addy, how can I purchase an upgrade which I plan to do in the near future? Can someone help me load it from my backup file or something? Thanks :)

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Change of email address

Post by Adrian »

That's a really old version that pre-dates Windows 10 so I've no idea if it would install/work on Windows 10 at all. Are you getting any errors when you try to install from the DVD?

You need to get Vectric support to help really.

3Dsigns

Post by 3Dsigns »

Yes, it was working with Aspire 2 before with no problems that I can recall. My problem started after I installed a serial port adapter, in the computer's PCIE slot, so that I could operate a plotter from another program. Computer would boot up automatically after powering off because the card was in there. Then the machine got to where it would not power off normally; had to hold the button down to force it. Later the task bar went away and could not get it back etc etc. Machine is working fine now and I'm running the plotter on a serial/USB adapter just fine. I just tried running Aspire 2 again and it ran with the CD in and also saved a toolpath. Maybe it will work that way. I just hope I don't run into a problem when I proceed to upgrade.
Thanks Adrian!

3Dsigns

Post by 3Dsigns »

The problem has been resolved. Thank you Adam Moran!