Apply Draft and Scale Z Height quirk?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRT alpha 60 x 148

Apply Draft and Scale Z Height quirk?

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Hello Aspire experts!

I am making a 3D model with many parts. I select a single part in the "Component Tree", then I apply the "Add Draft to Model" tool to the clearly selected part. But when processing is complete, a draft angle has been applied to my ENTIRE model, not just the one that was selected.

And the same situation occurs when I apply the "Scale Z Height" tool to a single selected part,,,, the ENTIRE model gets scaled.

I have done this multiple times, and in all instances, I am certain that I am only selecting one part.

What do I do to make it so I can apply these two tools to single parts?

Your thoughts and suggestions will certainly be appreciated! Thanks, Chuck

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Apply Draft and Scale Z Height quirk?

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Chuck,

Just be sure to turn off the visibility of the items you don't want to be affected. (Whatever is visible is affected as you have discovered.)

After you apply draft to only the visible part you want, then you can turn the visibilty of the rest of the components back on.

As far as scaling z height...if you are just doing one component, use the component properties menu instead. If you want to scale z for several or all components, then everything visible will be scaled (again, as you have discovered).
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Chuck Keysor
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRT alpha 60 x 148

Re: Apply Draft and Scale Z Height quirk?

Post by Chuck Keysor »

Thank you Michael! That was simple enough, but you saved me from scratching my head, as I had fixated that these functions should only affect what was selected, instead of everything that was visible.

Thanks again, Chuck