Shortcut Keys

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
rwebcon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Elite 4 X 4

Shortcut Keys

Post by rwebcon »

I know there have been a lot of posts on this subject but I ran into something the other day while watching a training video.
During the video they used the 9 key to rotate the selected object. No where in the help does it mansion this key.
Are there other keys like this which are not in the help doc? Where could one fine a description of them?

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Re: Shortcut Keys

Post by 4DThinker »

The 9 and 0 are in the help file (sort of). CTRL-9 and CTRL-0 which are listed do the same thing, as does shift 9 and shift 0.

4D

Kayvon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Post by Kayvon »

All the short cuts are listed at the very end of the reference manual, at least for VCarve. The tutorials do a good job of tell you when they use shortcut keys so you can follow along. You'll be much faster using shortcut keys over the mouse when you can. For instance, memorizing Ctrl+Z for "undo" is a huge time-saver. I use F9 a lot to quickly center the selection. Take a look and you'll be surprised how frequently you wind up using a lot of these.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Kayvon wrote:All the short cuts are listed at the very end of the reference manual, at least for VCarve. The tutorials do a good job of tell you when they use shortcut keys so you can follow along. You'll be much faster using shortcut keys over the mouse when you can. For instance, memorizing Ctrl+Z for "undo" is a huge time-saver. I use F9 a lot to quickly center the selection. Take a look and you'll be surprised how frequently you wind up using a lot of these.
That depends how good your memory is :lol: :lol: :lol: I use a number of different programs & can never remember which keyboard shortcut is for which program :oops: :oops: Tried a cheat sheet but it takes longer to look them up on a cheat sheet than to just do it the long way round.

Shame there isn't some sort of keyboard shortcut standard so they were all the same :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Ctrl Z (and Ctrl Y, X C V) are Windows standard so should work in every program. The others not so but I use them so much I find myself forgetting which icon relates to them!

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

martin54 wrote:Shame there isn't some sort of keyboard shortcut standard so they were all the same
I'm reminded of the old joke: the great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from...

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

Is there a physical manual for Vcarve or Aspire?
Mark
Pioneer, CA

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

redwood wrote:Is there a physical manual for Vcarve or Aspire?
As in something you can hold in your hand and read? No, but there is a reference manual that you can print out. Look on the Windows Start Menu group for Aspire or VCarve and the link is there. As it's a PDF file you could take it to a print shop to produce a manual for you from it.

It used to be possible to buy a printed, bound manual from one of the people on the forum but the problem is that they're out of date as soon as a new version comes out which is quite often.

Personally I prefer the interactive version on the Help menu (Help Contents) as you can click on the various icons to go directly where you want which I find easier than looking up an index.