Find Depth of a 3Dclip?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
GollyRojer
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8 Pro

Find Depth of a 3Dclip?

Post by GollyRojer »

This is my first experience with an imported 3dclip. I chose Dove.3dclip from the clipart that came with Aspire; imported it into my project; drew a circle around it; made a vector boundary around it; and did a pocket cut 1/4" deep between circle and boundary so that the dove would be convex. What I didn't do, because it didn't occur to me, is find out the depth of the 3dclip.

It appears that the clip aligns its topmost area with the top of the material and cuts down from that. It looks nice, but I wound up with a dove that is partly convex and partly concave. Had I known how deep it would go, I would have set my pockets to that depth. So, a simple question: how can I determine the depth of the imported 3Dclip? The only thing that looks like it might be it is "Safe Z" which is 0.6 inches in both rough and finish passes. Would that be it?

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Find Depth of a 3Dclip?

Post by highpockets »

Once you import the 3d object you can find the height of the component by clicking on the modeling tab and either hover over the component and information about the component will be displayed or you can double click the component to view/edit the height (among other things).
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Find Depth of a 3Dclip?

Post by martin54 »

If you look at the modeling form, select a component or model & click on the wrench icon it will display the settings for that particular component including the component height, as for where the component sits in the material block this can be altered on the toolpathing set up screen.
You can also mouse over a toolpath in the toolpath list & it will tell you the maximum depth of cut as well as other info about that particular tioolpath :lol: :lol: