Where do I get the Post Processor from?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
noxzema
Model of CNC Machine: Hermes Vanguard 7000

Where do I get the Post Processor from?

Post by noxzema »

Hello All,
I have a Hermes Vanguard 7000 CNC engraving machine. I am using the machine itself, in that I am not using any
of the electrical wiring, or software that came with the unit , but I have purchased a separate Controller and Power
Supply for 3 axis machining, and it is all wired appropriately with the machine.
I am going to learn Aspire, hopefully, and I do my graphic work in either AutoCAD or Solidworks, and I will also be using
a seat of Mach lll that I have purchased. Windows 7 Pro is my Operating System, 64 bit. I have been told that all I need
to do is install the generic printer driver that comes in Windows, to use as a post processor. If this is untrue, please tell
me exactly where I would get the post processor that I need from.
Thank you,
Noxzema

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Re: Where do I get the Post Processor from?

Post by 4DThinker »

Aspire comes with post processors for Mach3. Mine came with 7 assorted mach2-3 post processors.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What controller have you bought? Mach3 does not run on a 64bit platform with some controllers, I believe it is mostly those that use the parallel port rather than USB or Ethernet but you would be best checking that :lol: :lol:

noxzema
Model of CNC Machine: Hermes Vanguard 7000

Post by noxzema »

martin54 wrote:What controller have you bought? Mach3 does not run on a 64bit platform with some controllers, I believe it is mostly those that use the parallel port rather than USB or Ethernet but you would be best checking that :lol: :lol:
Martin 54,
Enclosed is an image of my controller.
Noxzema
Attachments
This is my controller.
This is my controller.