Picture to relief

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
althor1170
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro 6

Picture to relief

Post by althor1170 »

Hello, everyone. I've done a few laser engravings of portraits, but decided to up my game and do some deep reliefs with a CNC. I've searched for software that will allow me to easily convert pictures to 3d, and found that there aren't any good ones that don't cost a small fortune. I've also found that there is some demand for this type of work/product. So my question is what is the best way to do this? Do I start with one of the free crappy programs that gives me a cut out based on greyscale? Which looks terrible if you're trying to do a face. Do I spend the time to create my own vectors and then sculpt them? I have plenty of time to do this if that's the best way, though I've seen several posts suggesting this is not cost effective due to how long it takes.

I've watched the Trout tutorial, but something like a face or a forest scene is going to be a lot more complicated than that. Any tips or suggestions would be most welcome.

Dan

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Picture to relief

Post by Adrian »

Discussed here :- http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25442

There's no magical one button way of doing it. There's a reason why the software that can do a reasonable job costs a lot of money as doing it by hand takes skill and time.