usb pens

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
wood400
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 7090 cnc router

usb pens

Post by wood400 »

Hi Folks. Has anyone had any difficulty with your DSP handle reading the data /g codes from their pen. I bought new pens 1 gb but they are not recognised by the Dsp handle.
I have found in the past that large capacity pens do not work on my dsp controller. I have had varied luck with different pens. Can anyone advise.
Thanks alan :) :) :) :) :)

angel_skull_crusher
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna CNC Router

Re: usb pens

Post by angel_skull_crusher »

Hi,

I had a problem with the USB drive; sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I guess there is some formatting with the stick. I think these things take some time to resolve and if you contact the USB stick people they might give you some answers. I heard about USB2 and USB but I am not sure if that is the problem.

Cheers!

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Did you import the machine yourself or did you buy from someone selling them as an agent ? Just wondered if you had tried speaking with the supplier about this, they may have a preferred brand. Good luck with that if you imported it yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you checked the manual for the controller ? May be that they need to be formatted a certain way before they are seen.

wood400
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wood400 »

Hi Folks, Good morning. i did import the machine myself. I will contact the manufacturer of the controller to see if i get a response. Manual details where extremely sparce.
There where none. But machine has worked fine .
Thanks alan :( :( :( :( :(

wood400
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wood400 »

Hi Folks. Good afternoon. Just found there are 4 different settings for Formatting a usb pen. I looked at the pen that work on the machine and it was set to FAT32.
i then looked at the pen that did not work and it was set to Fat, so i changed it to Fat32 and hey presto it worked fine.
Frustration now gone.
Thanks for your help.
Alan
Hi Martin hope to meet you on the 28th at the training event.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D