Code 103 again

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Pnast
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRSalpha 96x48

Code 103 again

Post by Pnast »

Trying to open file made 2 weeks ago, I have opened it a few times already. Now it keeps saying "Failed to open file Code 103. After several attempts and trying a file copy on my backup drive it now says Failed to open file Code 1 I am running Aspire 8.024 on both computers.

Thanks
Paul

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Code 103 again

Post by Rcnewcomb »

What version of Windows are you running?

This site lists some possible solutions. I cannot tell you if they are correct: http://www.sorcim.com/knowledgebase/error-103.html

Turn Files Sharing Off for your System Drive

Have you provided the right to other users to access your files in the system drive? If you have enabled the Network File and Folder Sharing, disable it to fix Windows error 103.

Open My Computer.
Right click the system drive, usually drive C.
Select Properties option.
Click Sharing tab
Click Advanced Sharing button.
Uncheck the box Share this folder and click Apply | OK | Close.

Recover Registry Damage

Registry is an integral part of Windows operating system. Registry may get corrupt by various reasons including programming bugs, failed installations, etc. This ultimately results in error code 103. Download a Genuine Registry Cleaner.

Provide Administrative Permissions to the Installation Directory

Lack of proper administrative permissions to access, copy or modify the files in the installation directory may result in error 103. Provide the adequate administrative permissions to fix the problem.

Open My Computer.
Open C:\Program Files.
Right click the folder that you choose to install the program.
Select Properties.
Click Security tab.
Provide full access to the installation folder. Then click Apply | OK.

Turn Windows Firewall Off

Firewall conflicts may be showing error 103. Turn your firewall program off to troubleshoot the problem.

Click Start.
Type Windows Firewall in the Search box and press ENTER.
Click Action menu, and then Properties option.
Turn Firewall off from the Domain Profile, Private Profile and Public Profile tabs.
Click Apply | OK.

Reset Modem/ Router and try HTTPS instead of HTTP in URLs

By resetting your modem/ router, and trying HTTPS instead of HTTP in the Internet Explorer Address Bar, error 103 problem will get solved. Try these little solutions.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

pknvectric
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra & StingerI

Post by pknvectric »

For what it is worth... This only relates to my personal experience but I semi-frequently receive "Failed to open file Code 1" errors. (Yes, I am patiently waiting on the files to finish saving before clicking the Red X to close. (From now on I'll use FILE / CLOSE instead of using the Red X - not sure if this is the culprit but others have mentioned doing this...)

Anyway... A solution I've found to this issue is to simply make a copy of the file and move it to a different folder. Then open it. Then save. Then close. Then move back to original file location. (Using a new file name in case you've messed something up in the process.)

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Pnast wrote:Trying to open file made 2 weeks ago, I have opened it a few times already. Now it keeps saying "Failed to open file Code 103. After several attempts and trying a file copy on my backup drive it now says Failed to open file Code 1 I am running Aspire 8.024 on both computers.

Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul,

Have you contacted Vectric Support? Perhaps they would like to take a look at your file. Also, why aren't you using the most current version of Aspire? There is no charge to update your 8.024 to 8.5xx
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Pnast
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRSalpha 96x48

Post by Pnast »

I had it happen again and after troubleshooting for awhile, I found the culprit causing the file not to save. It was a 1/4" end mill profile that was no longer in my tool database!! I made this sign file years ago and when I sold this style sign I just opened it and changed the text, when I saved it without checking the tools it caused the 103 error. Once I changed the tool to the one that was in my database it saved and opened no problem. :D