It seems that on Windows XP only, the installer is unable to create the folder into which it is trying to copy the files. I have fixed this for any future disk images we produce, but I'm afraid that for those of you on XP, with a first version of the disk, a manual workaround is required.
1) Open your Vectric Files folder, which you can find by clicking the 'Shared Documents' folder in the left-hand pane of Windows Explorer, or navigate directly using the following path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Vectric Files
2) In the Vectric Files folder, create a folder called Tutorial Files (you can create a new folder in Explorer by using the File->New->Folder command from its main menu).
3) Inside the the Tutorial Files folder you have just created, make a new folder called Aspire V4.0 - Note: this name must be exactly as written here, including the space between Aspire and V4.0
Your existing DVD tutorial installers should now work.
Unfortunately the same problem also applies for the Clipart installer on your DVD. In step (2) above you can also create a folder called Clipart inside the Vectric Files folder to resolve this issue at the same time.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, but hopefully this will get everyone back up and running on XP.
- The Vectric Files folder in Windows XP
- The 'Aspire V4.0' inside the 'Tutorial Files' folder - both of which you must create manually