Support Pages and Frequently Asked Questions

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Phil
Vectric Wizard

Re: Support Pages and Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Phil »

sailfl wrote:Where are the gadgets stored on my computer hard drive? Or where am I suppose to store them?

Thanks

In Aspire, under the File menu click on Open Application Data Folder, you should see a gadgets folder in the Application Data Folder.

Phil

howelleli
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift/WIN CNC controller

Post by howelleli »

Hello I'm new Vectric and new to my machine. I have been practicing and have come up with my first design. I went to save the tool paths and I'm confused what to click under the Post Processor. What option do I choose. Where it will go once saved?
Thanks Beth

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Hello Beth, you may want to check with the folks at Laguna to see what the most appropriate post processor is for your machine. When you do the saving operation you will get the chance to navigate into the folder that you would like to save the file into.

Thanks,
James

Dave Van
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's CNC Evolution 1

Post by Dave Van »

Is the Vectric Support Forum an appropriate venue for a regional informal Vectric User Group for Michigan, Ohio and Indiana, USA?

A couple of weeks ago a day-long workshop was organized for Vectric users in our region. About 20 people attended. It was very helpful. We would like to establish a venue for communicating between Vectric users in our three - state area. Obviously we would love to have input from users in other areas as well so we would not want to exclude anyone. But it's sometimes helpful to be able to communicate with other users in our immediate area. Seeing someone else's techniques and CNC in action can be very helpful.

If the Vectric Forum is an appropriate place for a regional group that would be fantastic! Then we wouldn't have to set up and monitor a different type of forum like Facebook or Google Plus.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Dave

Druid_ian
Model of CNC Machine: CNC6040

Post by Druid_ian »

how can I get access to pm's on the forum please I now have several waiting but cant view or answer

thanks
Ian

Tom Repole
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Explorer

Post by Tom Repole »

Hello, I am new to this forum, and not even be on the right page. (if not let me know) But I have a question about line drawings or patterns and photos of the line drawing. I traced the pattern, took a photo, imported the bit map image, got the vectors and tool path, but I need to get a correct size. its close but how can I adjust the drawing to be close to the original dimensions. I have a few other questions but I wanted to see if I am in the right place.

Thanks

Tom

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It's best to start a new topic on the forum section for the software you're using (Aspire, VCarve, Cut2D etc) for each question. Try a search first using the search at the top of the page and be sure to check the FAQ's and tutorials at http://support.vectric.com

You can use the Set Size tool (shortcut key T) to set the overall size of a individual or selected set of vectors by typing in the exact size you want it to be.

Giggins
Model of CNC Machine: mini-cnc engraving machines 3axis 2030

Post by Giggins »

Hello i have a 3020 mini cnc engraving machines i made my first 2 signs it cutout but it is two small 1x1 i made it 15by6 inch how can i make it .
i have tried everything in (aspire) is it my (mach3) config ports&pins input signals or output signals. : ty gary

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Check that you are using the correct Post Processor for your machine and that the units it's using (mm or inch) are what your machine is set to.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Have you tuned your axis motors in mach3 to ensure that the machine moves the correct distance when a command is entered? ie: if you tell the machine to move an inch does it actually move an inch? If you have done the tuning as per the mach3 set up then as Adrian has said check your using the correct post processor.

Giggins
Model of CNC Machine: mini-cnc engraving machines 3axis 2030

Post by Giggins »

hi adrian it was my mm i hade it to inch thank you so much .gary

garysb56
Model of CNC Machine: Oxzilla my own

Post by garysb56 »

Where do i put the Post processor files i don't a folder anywhere does anyone know?

Roy Esslinger
Model of CNC Machine: home built

Post by Roy Esslinger »

Am I assuming correctly that V-carve Pro and Aspire can only do flat work and is not capable of doing turnings. I have a Legacy Arty-58 and I can also turn spindles on it. I have Turbo-Cad but need a lot more training on it to be proficient.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Roy Esslinger wrote:Am I assuming correctly that V-carve Pro and Aspire can only do flat work and is not capable of doing turnings. I have a Legacy Arty-58 and I can also turn spindles on it. I have Turbo-Cad but need a lot more training on it to be proficient.
Both products can do rotary machining which may or may not be what you're after. See the video here - http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... D_PRO.html

Aspire can additionally do rotary 3D models - http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... D_PRO.html

knighttoolworks
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shobot 48x96

Post by knighttoolworks »

How do I get the toolpath summery to show in 8.0?