Technical Archive Suggestion

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Technical Archive Suggestion

Post by GripUs »

I have noticed over time there are several aspects of Aspire, and I believe VCP, that confound almost every new user. Perhaps we could include some good answers in the Technical Archive to answer these. There are several folks on here who are always quick to answer those questions, and do a great job, and even I attempt it sometmes. But as new users come on board they tend to get hung up on the same issues and the same answers are given over and over. That is not a bad thing as I am sure the questions are answered to the benefit for many who were just too embarrassed to ask. (I learn a lot that way)

Anyway, I have noticed that the concept of the bounding vectors determining the depth of cut in a V-Carve toolpath is a coommon problem as is the "Delete Waste" issue of deleting the "wrong" parts. Also, the concept that "Pass Depth" tool parameters have no effect on finish cut's pass depth. How about how to identify/close open vectors? I am sure others can identify other questions.

I know a lot of this is covered very well in the help/tutorial sections but sometimes the reason something happens is as important to the learning process as the" how to do it."

If some of those frequently asked questions were covered in the technical archive we could just post a link whenever they were asked. We could certainly give additional help is it is still needed.

Just an idea.

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/