Tool Database

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
jsantos
Vectric Apprentice

Tool Database

Post by jsantos »

Is it just me or is the Tool Database interface really very clunky?

I've enjoyed using Aspire except when I have to use the Tool Database. I make so many mistakes using it that it really is getting to the point that it is frustrating to use. I'm hoping that an update can be made to improve this part of Aspire.

Here are my suggestions for improvements. If you have other suggestions, please pipe in:

1. Allow the Tool List panel to be sized so that one does not have to scroll left and right to read the description.

2. Use up/down buttons (like most other interfaces) to move a group/tool around instead of having to drag it. Dragging the group/tool is hit and miss proposition in this interface.

3. Change the action when the user hits the "Enter" key. Most software 'moves' to the next record (tool) when 'Enter' is hit. The Tool Database closes the window.

4. When one moves from one tool to another, save the changes made on the previous tool. Unless you hit 'Apply' before moving to another tool, you lose whatever changes you made in the previous tool. I'm finding that I keep losing changes because I keep forgetting to hit 'Apply'. Better yet, lose the 'Apply' button.

Thanks for listening. :-)