printing to exact size

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
kevrgood
Vectric Craftsman

printing to exact size

Post by kevrgood »

I have a 3" x 8" rectangle to print to size as a template, Aspire prints but not to exact size?

kevrgood
Vectric Craftsman

Re: printing to exact size

Post by kevrgood »

so it appears from Zero responses there is No way to scale your drawings to print ?

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Never tried it, but see if this helps...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29061
John
Maker of Chips

maraten
Model of CNC Machine: Sieg, much modified.

Post by maraten »

Hi there,
Did this just the other day. Assuming you have Adobe Reader (free download). From within Aspire, choose File > Export... > PDF this gives you the PDF exporter pop up window,
> click the export button > Save (to your choice of folder). Now open Adobe reader, choose the file of the image to be printed >File > Print... > in the printer driver look at the page size & handling area of the window & choose "Actual size" > then hit the Print button.
Works for me every time. I hope this is of some help to users of the software as I have gotten so much help from other forum contributors over the years.

rscrawford
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Cobra 408 ATC, ShopSabre IS408

Post by rscrawford »

All else fails, mount a pen in your CNC and draw the template on a piece of paper taped to your table :D
Russell Crawford
http://www.cherryleaf-rustle.com

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The print function is not designed to print to scale. As has been said you need to use the PDF function to print to scale.

kevrgood
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kevrgood »

ok thanks maybe its something they can work on for future updates. if the software can cut accurate it should be able to print accurate.

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

kevrgood wrote:if the software can cut accurate it should be able to print accurate.
I bet that if Vectric adds this feature, we'll see on this forum a lot of posts from users having issues with it simply because their printer settings are not correct or their printer is not homothetic which is a current issue. And support will probably have a lot of reports too.

Adding the pdf export is a wise decision. Vectric products are not intended to print and they provide an output for this.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

Seems as though a "plot" rather than a Print -to-scale feature would be easier to implement. Years ago many printers supported code that looked very similar to g-code. HPGL for one. In the DOS days I would write simple printer interpreters to take vector output from my simple CAD program and "plot" to whatever printers/plotters we had. What little I know of post processors suggests they are basically the same. Outputting directly to a connected printer from a post processor may be the biggest challenge.

4D