Maya calendar

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
svberg
Model of CNC Machine: diy

Maya calendar

Post by svberg »

Hi.
Downloaded the Maya calendar, and but the project have no toolpaths??
regards svein

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Maya calendar

Post by garylmast »

I downloaded them also. Reading the PDF file,which was in the download, they used a 1/2" 60° V-Bit. I'm going to give it a try using both my CNC router and Laser. Looks like a fun project.

Gary

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Have you considered creating your own toolpaths ?
Doug

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

File size would be enormous with toolpaths. They're really easy to create - just select everything and create a v-carve path with your tool of choice. If it looks wrong (it goes in where you would rather it go out) draw a slightly larger circle around the whole thing, reselect including the circle and regenerate the toolpath.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Post by CarveOne »

Here is a link to a 15 inch diameter Mayan Haab calendar file (zip compressed) with toolpaths that is on my website:

http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com/upl ... lpaths.zip

Or go to http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com and click on the Download folder then look for the 3d_mayan_haab_15_inch_with_toolpaths.zip file and click on the Download File button.
There are other files there including the Aztec calendar. They are free to download. You will need to uncompress the .zip file and insure that it is set up to run properly with your machine settings.

Note that if the preview of the calendar looks like the inverse of the actual Mayan Haab or Aztec Sun Stone calendar photos you find on the web you need to add an additional circle border and use that to inverse the image so that it looks correct. This is done during toolpath creation. As dealguy11 points out.

CarveOne
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

I just did my attempt. Engraving it on the CNC came out okay using a 3/8"-60° v-Bit, however when putting it in the laser, I had the power set way too high. My laser is 400-watt, and where I set it was at 20% power and 800% speed, the same as I do laserable aluminum sheets for plaques. It would be a good idea to do a test with the laser before doing it on the finish product. The lowest possible setting would probably have a better outcome.

Gary
Attachments
IMG_0889.jpg