Working & Playing with PartWizard

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro

Working & Playing with PartWizard

Postby Rcnewcomb » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:51 am

It would be great if I could:
a) copy (ctrl-c) my drawing from part wizard and paste (ctrl-v) it into Vcarve wizard ...or...
b) if Vcarve Wizard could read/import .art files from part wizard

Is there a simple/free work-around to move drawings from part wizard into Vcarve wizard?
Rcnewcomb
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: GCnC/WinCNC

Postby Paco » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:15 pm

Hi Rcnewcomb!

I believe COREL can be used in between 'em... but I think that is not what your looking for...

Here a "work-around": toolpath using machine along vector, then convert the SBP to DXF... this is an idea I have had before; you got now to test it! :wink: You'll probably have to edit some of the DXF before using it readily...

I'm afraid PW will never export anything and ART file always change from version to version (even minors; sure PW is not update frequently but others such as Insignia and PRO are...) which keep software editor from liking to fallow the changes I believe...
Paco
Vectric Wizard

Postby Gene Rhodes » Sun May 07, 2006 4:51 am

Boy it would be so nice to export from pw to v carve and would save me from pulling the rest of hair i have left out.
Is there a way to put text into v carve without importing it . Is there a text tool that could be added for this . it would definately save a ton of time
Gene
Gene Rhodes

Postby RoutnAbout » Sun May 07, 2006 2:17 pm

Gene,

If you don't have Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator and are just wanting text to add to your projects. DesKam has a program called DeskEngrave that should work for you. http://deskam.com/deskengrave.html

I've used it a few times and works good.
Don
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don
RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: Old Bot with a Rope Pull Start Spindle

Postby Paco » Sun May 07, 2006 4:06 pm

Gene,

be patient and wait VCW V3 or have a look at Inkscape or Open Office Draw. Both are FREE (Open source projects) and will allow you to work text to VCW until V3 get release...
Paco
Vectric Wizard

Return to VCarve - General