V Carve Pro Enhancements?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Ken Bell

V Carve Pro Enhancements?

Post by Ken Bell »

Cut 3D looks good and shows all of us what the Vectric boys have been working on. Now that Cut 3D is released, any chance you can find time to work on lead-in/lead-outs for V Carve Pro?

Also, this may be down the road, but I do think there is a market for a cabinet specific plug-in. I think people like myself would be willing to pay extra for this functionality.

Please look here http://www.artcaminsignia.com/artcam/in ... maker.html

to see a short video of how artcam now can handle cabinet files. Enroute and CadCode can also work with these types of files.

Thanks,

Ken

Jonmilligan

Me too

Post by Jonmilligan »

:) I would second that, I looked at Insignia with the cabinet plugin, but the cabinet plugin only appears to be in imperial measurements and the whole deal is quite expensive for a small shop. When you look at Vectrics current software ability/price ratio we can only wait, and throw ourselves at Tony and Brians mercy!

Gene Rhodes

Post by Gene Rhodes »

Have you looked at cabinetpartspro.com
Ryan Patterson has a basic program for less than 300.00 .You can do nesting ,set up tyhe way you build cabinets , The shelf holes , Hinge holes and i have found it very usefull for the small shop like mine.
Check it out with the free download , The free version will not let you set up and save the files but it will give you an idea of what it will and wont do.
Hope this helps someone.
Gene Rhodes

TheWoodcrafter

Post by TheWoodcrafter »

I would also vote for a cabinet plug-in. I would be willing to pay thousands for this.

Gene, I have tried Ryan's program.
I need something more than the program can do.
I build cabinets with 50% thick blind dados for all the joints.
He says he is working on this upgrade.
I now build in e-cabinets and send out the file to a service with a Thermwood router.

I really need to keep this in house and a cabinet plug-in for Cut 3D would be perfect.