batch thumbnail crv viewer?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
myxpykalix

batch thumbnail crv viewer?

Post by myxpykalix »

Like most all of us when i found this forum I downloaded tons of free .crv file in anticipation of getting vcarve pro. What i have now is afolder full of odd named, numbered files that i have gotten here. I have no idea by the name what the file is. Is there any type of batch thumbnail file viewer that could show us what it is? Or are these files more like Gcode and cutfiles as opposed to visual representations?
Thanks

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Re: batch thumbnail crv viewer?

Post by CRFultz »

myxpykalix wrote:Like most all of us when i found this forum I downloaded tons of free .crv file in anticipation of getting vcarve pro. What i have now is afolder full of odd named, numbered files that i have gotten here. I have no idea by the name what the file is. Is there any type of batch thumbnail file viewer that could show us what it is? Or are these files more like Gcode and cutfiles as opposed to visual representations?
Thanks
All my crv files (apx 400) have a jpeg with the same name. When I have enough (16) for a new page, I print them
out using PS CS under automate contact sheet option,and add it to my binder.

The option of View, Save Shaded Image, allows me to position the graphic in a way which will appeal to a potential customer. Plus I can run the JPEG through PS if I want to add the crv. image to a existing digital photo.
This will give a slight representation of what a installed work piece would look like.

Chuck

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Chuck, that is way to organized. I have a few folders loaded with files and I just keep clicking to find stuff. It makes life more interesting and gives you a reason to slow down and enjoy life....?
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

dighsx wrote:Chuck, that is way to organized. I have a few folders loaded with files and I just keep clicking to find stuff. It makes life more interesting and gives you a reason to slow down and enjoy life....?
I know Jay,
I'm working on not being so organizied...my wife is just the oppisite...she's a scatterbrain, so we kinda
cancel each other out.
If I let myself I will spend way to much time at the computer and never get out and make something...so i try and keep the files easy to locate. I still have to search to find the right one....

Are you done with the barn?
bout time you got your butt back on the forum

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

You know what would be cool is when you went open a file in VCPro it showed you a little thumbnail. I'm sure Brian is rolling his eyes right now but it would be cool.

Chuck, as for me and my butt, I'm done with the construction job but I've got about a week and a half worth of work to catch up on before I'll be back to full steam. I'm spending today and tomorrow helping the guy next door take out his hardwood floors. Nice maple and white oak. My payment is I get to keep all the wood. I don't know why he's taking it out really but I couldn't turn down the wood for just a few days’ work. Although my back might have a different view on the whole thing.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

dighsx wrote:You know what would be cool is when you went open a file in VCPro it showed you a little thumbnail. I'm sure Brian is rolling his eyes right now but it would be cool.

Chuck, as for me and my butt, I'm done with the construction job but I've got about a week and a half worth of work to catch up on before I'll be back to full steam. I'm spending today and tomorrow helping the guy next door take out his hardwood floors. Nice maple and white oak. My payment is I get to keep all the wood. I don't know why he's taking it out really but I couldn't turn down the wood for just a few days’ work. Although my back might have a different view on the whole thing.
Sounds like a good trade..solid wood floors are worth there weight these days

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hey Jay, If you need some help, I could make the short trip there to hold your beer while your ripping that flooring up !!
:wink: glug glug glug
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

You better come up with a crowbar if you're coming. Who ever nailed this stuff down musta had a bad day cuz they used a million nails. I've been spending today pounding nails out of wood today. Tons o' fun.

Now where'd a put my beer?
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)