Feature Request, duplicates and nesting

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Ken Bell

Feature Request, duplicates and nesting

Post by Ken Bell »

Hi Everyone,

I just installed a Multicam router and purchased VCP.

We typically need to cut out several of the same shape. The ability to very quickly duplicate the selected paths would be great. Something similar to Illustrator where you can ALT-Drag a shape to duplicate it would be ideal. The ability to Distribute a series of shapes would also be good. Combined, I could quickly drag out a number of duplicate objects and then align and distribute them.

I would also love to see some sort of parts nesting. I would be willing to pay extra for this option. Please let Tony know if you would also be willing to pay extra for the parts nesting option. It will take a number of us to give them the money they need to license the nesting technology.

Cant wait to start cutting some real parts...

Ken

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Re: Feature Request, duplicates and nesting

Post by Paco »

Ken Bell wrote:Hi Everyone,

I would also love to see some sort of parts nesting. I would be willing to pay extra for this option. Please let Tony know if you would also be willing to pay extra for the parts nesting option. It will take a number of us to give them the money they need to license the nesting technology.

Ken
That's one more! 8)

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

Sounds good to me- I think it is important to support these guys in all they do. Its great to be part of a community that actually has a say in future development of a product that already is making us money.

andkal

Post by andkal »

Nesting would be a good addition to the program but if you are nesting parts on large sheets we could also use some sort of lead-in lead-out option for cutting out the parts. Plunging in and cutting out parts wears out bits fast-Thanks!
Andy K

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

andkal wrote:Nesting would be a good addition to the program but if you are nesting parts on large sheets we could also use some sort of lead-in lead-out option for cutting out the parts. Plunging in and cutting out parts wears out bits fast-Thanks!
I believe Vectric team is looking at this...

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Yeah I was going to chime in and say that I've heard this was on the list of future enhancements.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi All,
andkal wrote:
Nesting would be a good addition to the program but if you are nesting parts on large sheets we could also use some sort of lead-in lead-out option for cutting out the parts. Plunging in and cutting out parts wears out bits fast-Thanks!
Paco wrote:
I believe Vectric team is looking at this
Just to clarify this, we are currently planning to incorporate lead in / out in the next major version of VCarve Pro. We do not plan to incorporate nesting in the next major version.

Regards

Brian
Last edited by BrianM on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

Y-Y-E-E-S-S! Oh YES! Woouhouuuu!! Alright! :D :D

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Paco, so it would be safe to say you're happy about this? Just wanted to make sure there was nothing lost in the translation from French to English. hehe
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

MZiegler
Vectric Apprentice

Post by MZiegler »

I also like see the lead-in /out option. Just like see we get not just 2D but true 3D lead-in/out were the rate of the z axis plunge is control. Here my want list.
1) option of 2D and 3D lead-in/out
2) option of linear and arc/spiral lead-in/out
3) ramping with the option of length and height of the z axis plunge
4) over cut option were the tool path start before or go past the normal start/end point of the tool path
5) option to start lead-in/out on the profile of the part - this good where the parts are nest every close together and there is no room for off the part lead-in/out.

Thanks Mark

andyb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: MultiCAM, Shopbot PRTAlpha

Post by andyb »

Hey Brian and Tony,
I love VCP. It would be nice to be able to select a group of nodes and convert them to a line or a smooth curve. Or, even be able to deleted the selected group.

Andy B.

doglaw
Vectric Apprentice

Step and repeat

Post by doglaw »

One thing I would like to see in a future version is a step and repeat function to aid in machining multiples of the same part. Today I have to cut 17 small signs out of a 4 x 8 sheet of material. I've designed the first - now what I want to do is to step and repeat the vectors and have the software duplicate the toolpaths for each copy as well.

I read the requests for nesting and understand Vectric will be looking into this for some future version. Is it safe to assume that a nesting function would carry the toolpaths along as well?

mjpusa

Another Request

Post by mjpusa »

I would like to see grids and rulers that way I would be designing most everything in v-carve pro and less in part wizard

mark296
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Another Request

Post by mark296 »

I would like to be able to edit the g-code and preview it in the toolpath preview.

MZiegler
Vectric Apprentice

Post by MZiegler »

More requests.
A fix. Make it easier to scroll thru the font list in the create text tool.
A addition. Add a cutting or trimming tool for trimming vectors.
A change. Let each toolpath have it own fill color when doing the preview toolpath in preview menu. A sign could look like a real painted sign in the 3D view window.
Have good day. Mark