Tab problem

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
webwizard2

Tab problem

Post by webwizard2 »

Hi all
I have been trying the tab function in v3 trial version and it doesn't work properly(or is it me?)The tabs show up in the tab editor, but in toolpath preview it usually just does one or two when i told it up to 8. I tried this on a circle and elipse drawn in v3. Using profile cut (on line) Great software guys and i learned a lot from eveyone on the forum. I also need to do some stars in the future and was following that post. That would be a nice feature to add.

Thanks
Dale :shock:

Paul_n
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PR96

Post by Paul_n »

Dale....

I am not sure what the plans were for tabs, but they only
work either to cut "outside" or "inside", and not "on" a vector.

Have you tried either of these options?

Paul N

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Dale, Paul is right you need to pick either outside or inside but not on. I just did a test and if I tell it 8 tabs but pick ON I only get 3. But if I pick outside I get all 8.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forums.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

webwizard2

Post by webwizard2 »

Paul and Jay
Thanks for the quick answer. It does work for outside and inside. I'm doing something weird of course(thinking ouside the box) since vcarve is addictive. And tabs on line are perfect for what i'm trying to do. It might be nice if that function worked or a window popped up and said "sorry you can't think outside the box on this one"...LOL

Regards
Dale in Cincinnati

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

If you really needed it to have the tabs on the line you could always offset your vectors in by the dia of the bit your using and then machine outside. That should get you the same result as on.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

When this happens to me, I just go back and delete the missing tabs and then manually put them back in. Or sometimes I move them just a hair and the vcarve does all of them. Sometimes I have to do this a few times as I might want 8 tabs and get only three, then go and move the 5 missing ones and I might now have 6 tabs showing, then I have to go back and move the last 2 again to make them all show. I've been having this problem sporadically for some time now. If you mess around a few times, it will work for you.

Jason