Need Help with 4th Axis post processing in Vectric Pro!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
joesow

Need Help with 4th Axis post processing in Vectric Pro!

Post by joesow »

I have on order a 4th axis and have the following Questions: I am using DeskCNC as my Post Processor

When I design and save a Rotary cutting file...can I use the post processor "Desk CNC G Code Inch" selection for my Rotary file I want to cut. Or...will the standard DeskCNC G Code Inch post processor selection work as it does for non rotary cutting ?

Is another post processor selection needed rather than the DeskCNC G Code Inch designation? If so. where or what do I do to put it in my Post Processor list ?

Thanks,
joesow :roll:

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Re: Need Help with 4th Axis post processing in Vectric Pro!

Post by Mark »

Hello Joe,

I have sent you a reply to the email that you sent to us.

Cheers,

Mark.

joesow

Post by joesow »

Mark wrote:Hello Joe,

Cheers,

Mark.
Thanks Mark for you reply but I still don't know what to do get a file from VCarve 6 to mt Desk CNC Post Processor to instruct my Post Procerssort the 4th axis to do it's thing. What is needed to do this. I thought V Carve 6 would be able to send instructions to my Router after being processed. What do you suggest for me to be able to design in V Carve 6 and what to use to get my 4th axis functional ? Is another software package available to do this?

Joe

joesow

Post by joesow »

joesow wrote:
Mark wrote:Hello Joe,

Cheers,

Mark.
Thanks Mark for you reply but I still don't know what to do get a file from VCarve 6 to mt Desk CNC Post Processor to instruct my Post Procerssort the 4th axis to do it's thing. What is needed to do this. I thought V Carve 6 would be able to send instructions to my Router after being processed. What do you suggest for me to be able to design in V Carve 6 and what to use to get my 4th axis functional ? Is another software package available to do this?

Joe

Thanks Mark for your efforts in providing the DeskC NC post processor for the 4th axis. Your help is greatly appreciated. YOUR COMPANY AND PRODUCTS ARE TOPS IN MY BOOK!

joesow