Vector Art 3d

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Vector Art 3d

Post by Kimon »

Okay, I have purchased from the collection and see there is a place for a discount code. What is the discount and how do I get it? Oh btw now that I am asking for freebies how about another sample image for the fun of it?

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Hi Kimon, thanks for purchasing a file! The discount code is used when we have a special promotion and it is also used for customers wishing to buy in bulk (10 or more models) - email me if your interested in that jab(at)carve3d(dot)com. As for the free samples, the two we have are pretty nice and worth trying in the 3 different styles to see the effect of each http://www.vectorart3d.com/machinist_free

I have been talking with Brian and Tony about offering an additional free model or two in the near future as a gift to VC Pro customers (new ones not currently on the site) and perhaps putting together some other incentives for everyone to try the 3D carving with Machinist and VC Pro. Stay tuned for news on that from the Vectric team. Cheers, James

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

Thanks I was curious, and you are correct the files you have as samples are great! Although in the real world I don't know how many fleur de li folks will use but I do appreciate the hard work that goes into creating each one of these. I check often to see if new ones are online and if I find an image I think I can sell or incorporate into a future project I will step right up and buy it.

Maybe a discount on a second image might encourage some of us cheapskates to add to our library (hehehe) Thanks for all you have done.

Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

Post by Les_linton »

Kimon,

I purchased the starter pac from James, and offer those up to my customers as "free" for the design time and them give them the link to the Vector Art 3D web site and offer those (design time) for the price of the 3 pack.

In addition I show them other places that they can see 3D products and work with James to get a quote on something similar that doesn't violate trademark or copyrights. That ends up being a little more pricy, but the customer that is asking generally wants something unique and is willing to pay the extra price.

A word of advice working with a couple.. listen to both, but pay attention to the Mrs..

I've attached a pdf of my current project as sold. It will be several weeks before it is installed, but I will send some photos when I get it done.

The carvings represented in the drawings are not an exact representation of what is going into it but they have signed off on the previews that James did for me when he modified and created them.

Just as a heads up, the corners are cut, but were done by bringing the Machist file into VCarve Pro and them copying the tool path along a single piece attached to the table. This allowed me to do all of the rough cuts (1/4" end mill 8 minutes each) at once and then go back and then do the finish cuts (1/16" ball nose 30 minutes each). One tool change.

Now the large frieze boards.... I have a feeling I am going to be doing something different while that is cutting... hmmmm I've never read "War And Peace"

Les
Attachments
As Sold.pdf
(37.76 KiB) Downloaded 344 times

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

Nice stuff, would you care to share some pics of the finished work?

Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

Post by Les_linton »

I sure will Kimon,

I'll be like a proud papa when this one gets in place.

This is going to take a while to finish. I'm not doing the carved corbles. She is ordering them in oak.

I'll post as it comes along.

Les