Editing Text & Vectors

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Rusty
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homebuilt

Editing Text & Vectors

Post by Rusty »

Hi All:
Does VCarve Pro have the ability to fully edit text & vectors?
I tried to edit text but found it difficult and confusing to cut vectors, redraw new ones and basically redesign the letters.
Most drawing programs allow the oportunity to delete/cut out vectors very easily & then add new ones to endpoints or intersections.
Should I be doing the design work in another program?
Am I missing something that the program offers or should I be designing in another program?
All I was trying to do was to redesign the letter "B" which had some vectors & polylines that would not lend itself very well to cutting a proper letter. It had weird vectors which were inconsistant of cutting lines, the tool would be jumping all over the place.
Is there a video for editing text?
Thanks.
Rusty

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Hey Rusty,
Are you using True type fonts from your windows font folder?
Every letter that I have cut so far as came out with excellent results. I have yet to edit any font vectors.
VCP is a wysiwyg type of software in this reguards.
Vectric did a excellent job in making the text layout tools easy to use. No other software should be needed to obtain outstanding results. Import your image vectors and let VCP handle the text.
If you could show us what your working on we could probaly help you out and get you started in the right track.
The Videos that are provided on the web site should answer your question but ask away if there not clear....thats why were here to help each other out :D

Keep us informed on your progress and good luck

Chuck