Where are you?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

Hi Jay
I’m located on the other side of the bridge in the upper peninsula .Most lower Michigan people don’t even know people live up here. When the weather channel started they had us as part of Canada. Someone must have noticed that was wrong and told them. ( probably Paco ) They have us in the USA now.
Dan

bbergami
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Post by bbergami »

I'm in Bedford, Texas...I agree with Chuck...it is hot as hell.

Hey Phil, you don't happen to know a guy named Nick Caimano do you? I grew up with him and he lives in Pittsfield and teaches high school.

Bert

Paul_n
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PR96

Post by Paul_n »

I'm in Cartersville, Georgia....

About 50 miles north of "Hot-lanta" !!

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Bert,
Nick Caimano is one of my best friends. I've known him for over 25 years. I taught in the same school system as him until 4 years ago when I left for the job I have now.

Phil

bbergami

Post by bbergami »

Hey Phil,

What a small world. We were friends from 7 to 18 years old when I moved to Texas. Tell him I said hi. I'll have to get up there sometime to one of his pig roasts .

Bert

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Bert,

Since you know about the pig roasts you must have been in touch with him. I vaguely remember him mentioning a high school buddy who lives in Texas now. Have you seen him in the past few years? Next pig roast is Aug. 12. I'm sure you'd be welcome.

Phil

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hey Phil,
If your headed to Pittsfield Mass for a Hog Roast, I'll be standing out by the road as you go by... Just slow down and I'll hange on to the bumper. I'd sure enjoy a good hog roast.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

bbergami

Post by bbergami »

Phil,

I went up there about 3 years ago with my son. It was about the time for our 30 yr high school reunion and he had the pig roast scheduled already, so I went to the pig roast instead. It was the first time I saw him since our 20th. I would love to go but I just got back from vacation last week. Maybe next year.
Bert

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

I'm from Port St. Lucie , FL. About 1 hour north of West Palm Beach on the east coast.

Jason

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Bert,

I just got off the phone with Nick. He says Hi and it's likely that we met. I've been at all of his pig roasts except last year. So I hope to meet you again sometime.

Phil

bbergami

Post by bbergami »

Phil,

We could have met. He probably introduced me to a hundred people the one time I was there. I'll have to give him a call sometime.
Bert

Goodoil

Post by Goodoil »

:shock: Hi all I'm a banna bender from Queensland Australia living on a 400acre bloc enjoying the bush as well as cnc sign making.
Paul

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Hey Hey we have a new winner! Goodoil is no in first place as being the farthest from Vectric HQ at 10283 miles.

What does he get? A lifetime supply of straight banana's! Wait he might already have that?
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hey Jay, did you check your math?? As I know I've put the decimal in the wrong spot before!!! :)
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

I think I got the numbers right. Vectric HQ is at 52:29:00N 1:53:00W and Brisbane, Australia which is in Queensland is 27:30:00S 153:10:00E. The great circle route is 10283 miles (16549 km) (8936 nautical miles) heading out of Brisbane to Vectic is north-northwest (330.3 degrees) and if Tony and Brian want to head towards Brisbane they'd go northeast (46.1 degrees).

And yes, I am a complete and utter nerd.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)