Something everyone MUST know...

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
sh.y1234

Something everyone MUST know...

Post by sh.y1234 »

This message is not fake, and does not come from any one in the Vectric company.
We are just very satisfied customers.

We have been using many different software for CNC, such as other software and Alibare Design, BUT we must say that this software is the best you can find. It is very easy to use, and produces very great outcomes.
If you ask us, there is nothing to think about, this is the software you need.

But that is not all, the support is also very very good. Even though at first our CNC machine was not in the gcode database, Mr. Tony, made a specail gcode just for us (which also took a very short time). Mr. Tony also guided us with patience and understanding throughout the whole process of getting to know the software.

Our grade for the Vectric softwares is: 10/10

In plain simple words: JUST AMAZING!

Yosef Shamir
Israel
shamir1234@gmail.com

***edit- One more thing I would like to add , is that people that already own the software surely know how great it is, but I am trying to help those who are looking for software for CNC and do not know how to decide and what to decide. So, I decided, with all the experience I gained with other softwares, to write down what I think the comparison is.

So please pay attention to this topic, since I am going to add more details on this comparison.

People from Israel that might be having a hard time with the English can contact me, by email or if needed by phone, to get explanation in Hebrew.
Last edited by sh.y1234 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greasetattoo
Vectric Wizard

Post by Greasetattoo »

I agree 100%!!

Vectric in my book is the best software out there!

Very easy to learn and master....

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hello and Welcome to the forum Yosef Shamir

Your absolutely right.
Software and Service Unmatched.

Don't hesitate to ask questions when you need help.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

I bought VCarve when it first came out, ver 1.0. Immediately my Shopbot became more useful. The software dramatically enhanced my design capabilities. Compared to the current version it was pretty basic.
Vectric continues to listen to their customers and improve a great product. Their support and this forum are second to none.

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

What can I say...... dido! :D

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

Same here! :)

Considering the evolution so far, I can help to wonder what it'll be like with Vectric in five years...! :roll:

10cop

Post by 10cop »

Hye all,

I agree I had many info from vectric before buying the software (I do not need after buying it).

The support is very good I had many mail (private not on the forum, I notice that to prouve that the people at vectric support are good in all the cases).

I like their answer "send us your file, we will find a soluce".

The product also is good, quick to learn and I think very very quick to use if you use the keyboard short cut.

(vectric team go to :arrow:
And about the price please stop to say it isnt expensive, even though the next version will cost too much.

:arrow:
It also run on old computer.
You can use it on your laptop , on the work shop and on the notebook.

It have a very rich forum.

So very good everywhere.

So The software is good, but it could be better (it could trim the curve with each other , it could keep the effect applied to the text when you edit text, it also could make coffe, clean the car and the house and print banknote, it could speak french . . . )

As other said in fee years it will be amasing.

A happy user of Vcarv pro and Photo Vcarv
I had own a land rover, I use Vcarve but I speak english like a French guy, please apology.

HoustonFirefox
Vectric Craftsman

Post by HoustonFirefox »

Vcarve software is "okay" but only if:

1) You want to make stuff quick, without hassle and with maximum profitability.

2) You don't have time to wade through a book 900 pages long on how to do it the "hard way".

3) Your a poor bum and can't shell out $10,000 for a "real" CNC program that allows you to mill out parts for the B1-B bomber.

4) Are too damned lazy and cheap to spend $3000 on a college course and several months coming up to speed on the "hard" way of doing things.

5) Enjoy nesting objects :wink:

Other than that, the Vectric products should work just fine for you! :wink:
CNC Woodworkers do it with a 3D Touch Probe!

Turtle49
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4' EZ-Router and Blurry customs SK25

Post by Turtle49 »

Ya !
...only if....
:D

That was great!

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

HAHAH,,

Thanks fox, I needed that............ only if!!!!
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

HoustonFirefox
Vectric Craftsman

Post by HoustonFirefox »

More than happy to advocate Vectric products only because:

1) I'm one of those saps that spent over $26,000 on "design" software for my CNC and the associated "licenses" to actually get use out of my CNC machine.

2) Went to those college courses to "learn" the software and try to actually make something. Theory is great, but blowing chips around the shop is better. On further investigation the instructors never "Did", they just taught. How does the saying go? "Those who do, DO; those who don't TEACH"

3) With all of that behind me, I moved on and the leadscrews of my 4x8 CNC bed gathered dust, rust and cobwebs while I went elsewhere in my pursuits until I ran across some advert for a program called "Vcarve" from some company that doesn't know English (grin).

4) With such a low price, and considering how much I'd already invested, I figured on another "loss" just to prove to myself how foolhardy a decision it was to invest over $5,000 in this silly CNC machine.

5) Within a week of purchasing VCarve Pro, I was backlogged with over $8,100 in orders. True as I'm standing here. There is nothing easier to use in front of a customer to make their dreams come to life in 3D.

6) I'm not sure what the Vectric team thinks of themselves, or what they've done, but this software makes a world of difference not just for the people using it, but the receivers of the products produced by their genius. I mean that.

7) Stop using bullet-points and numbering. I'm trying but it's a hard habit :wink:
CNC Woodworkers do it with a 3D Touch Probe!

Gary u

Post by Gary u »

I too agree that this company and software is the best hands down.

I admit that in building cabinets, I use very expensive software for the day
to day stuff BUT, if I have to do any odd shapes or one off items,

I always turn to V Carve. It has never let me down.

I also use it when I have time to do sign work etc but I have not had the time for that in the last 6 months or so.

All I can say is I am so happy to have V carve and the other products this
company has. Heck, I bought cut 3D just becouse of the company.
I have had it a year or so and never had the time to use it.

Cheers again to all at Vectric.

Gary Urlacher
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Canada

Jason Marsha
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Jason Marsha »

The Vectric software repaid me on its first design job for itself,mach3, my machine and all the wastage that went into building the machine. I built a "just in time" machine and now I am getting jobs that big sign shops get.
This combination has also paid for all the parts for a much larger machine currently under construction.

Jason

Khalid
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Khalid »

I will say nothing, but this one of my thread at CNCZONE all of my wood work and my MDF machine is created with the help of Vectric VcarvePro alone:)

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthrea ... post506838

If you have a courage read all the pages, at least see the art created with VcarvePro.

In last, Vectric is the best.

Regards
Khalid

John S
Vectric Craftsman

Post by John S »

Lets take this to practicalities.

I have a full blown CAM system and I have V Carve.

With my full blown CAM system I can cut each contour just as I like, I can file tune toolpath's and angles of cut to save me those precious seconds per part.
Think of a pie, I can cut each slice at the most effective approach angle so the cutter is in the work for more time and spends less time going between cuts.

With V Carve I have to accept the toolpath generated by the software to a greater extent.

With my CAM system this programming and fine tuning all takes time but over many parts it pays off.

With V Carve the programming is measured in minutes and for the few off, what I loose in cutting time is more than made up for by the ease of programming.

Using V Carve is fun, using CAM is work..........
John S.
Nottingham England.