Raster to Vector Conversion

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Raster to Vector Conversion

Post by RoutnAbout »

I've found several sites where vector scale-able files are available for purchase. But I have found many black and white clip art files I'd like to use. But the problem is vectorizing them without a lot of work and still have a good image to carve.
I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on Raster to Vector Conversion programs. I've done some exhausting searching but can't afford the ones I think I need. Maybe someone has found something that I haven't run across yet. Any and all ideas appreciated....

Keep up the good work
Vectric Team.... I almost have the project out the door, Then I'll be able to download the real stuff and begin to have fun...

Don
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

mcurtis
Vectric Apprentice

Post by mcurtis »

Try http://www.vextrasoft.com . They have a trial version which is fully functional, just water marks your dxf. As long as your image is not to big, you a can delete the water marks in vcarve wizard. Cost is $99.

Maynard

MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Thanks Maynard,

I've downloaded Vextractor software and had some very good results, it even exports
in EPS format which makes it ideal to use with Vcarve Wizard.
The watermark is a pain to remove but for 99 dollers I'll be buying it.

Attached picture is a JPG image vectorized using Vextractor, toolpaths generated
using Vcarve Wizard.

6mm 60 deg tool Material Conti Board
Attachments
Butterflys.JPG
(109.92 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

mcurtis
Vectric Apprentice

Post by mcurtis »

Here's a rendering of a lobster using vextractor and vcarve. Machining time is estimated at under 5 minutes.

Maynard
Attachments
lobster2.jpg
(98.68 KiB) Downloaded 237 times