Sizing Material

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Peter Stenabaugh
Vectric Craftsman

Sizing Material

Post by Peter Stenabaugh »

Tony, one thing that I noticed with both version 2 and 3 of the Vcarve program is that it is not possible to re-size your material, once you have set it up at the beginning of the project. It is possible to change the thickness of the material, but not the overall outside dimension.

I have worked on a couple of different files, whereby the graphic image is often just a bit too large in one direction, so I would be nice to be able to go the materials sizing tab and alter the overall size to fit correctly with the size of the graphic. As it stands now, you have to quit the project and start over from scratch, and hope that you get the size right the next time. It is not a big issue, but it is a pain to have to do it.

Thanks, I am quite impressed with the new features.

Pete

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Re: Sizing Material

Post by CRFultz »

Peter Stenabaugh wrote:Tony, one thing that I noticed with both version 2 and 3 of the Vcarve program is that it is not possible to re-size your material, once you have set it up at the beginning of the project. It is possible to change the thickness of the material, but not the overall outside dimension.

I have worked on a couple of different files, whereby the graphic image is often just a bit too large in one direction, so I would be nice to be able to go the materials sizing tab and alter the overall size to fit correctly with the size of the graphic. As it stands now, you have to quit the project and start over from scratch, and hope that you get the size right the next time. It is not a big issue, but it is a pain to have to do it.

Thanks, I am quite impressed with the new features.

Pete
hey pete,
Just choose edit and material size....the size can be changed but you will have to recalculate your toolpaths if you had already generated them.

Chuck

Peter Stenabaugh
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Peter Stenabaugh »

Ah ya, I missed that one, thanks for the help. I sort of figured that I should be able to change the size, just couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Pete

Frxdy

Post by Frxdy »

Pete, you weren't alone..... I missed the material size edit feature also.