How to delete nesting sheets

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
figurenholz
Model of CNC Machine: self made

How to delete nesting sheets

Post by figurenholz »

Hello

How I can delete single nesting sheets?

I had create some parts and then I nested it to 5 sheets. Now I will go back so I have all my parts at the same side/sheet to make some changes- But I cant get it to the same sheet.

???

I hope you can understand my german-english ;o) :|

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: How to delete nesting sheets

Post by Adrian »

When you nest again any sheets that aren't needed are automatically deleted. There is no way to manually delete them. If you want to move all the parts back to the default sheet you have to copy and paste them. You can right click and use the "move to sheet" command but that gets messy with more than two sheets.

If you just done the nest and want to undo it you can press Ctrl-Z or choose undo from the edit menu.

figurenholz

Post by figurenholz »

Hello Adrian

thats not good- I had nested it many steps and days before ;o(

first step in you answer I dont understand-I cannot nesting again if I dont mark some objects.

Now I had copy all of my objects to a new project in a second Vcarve Window and then I copy it back to the old window and the same sheet to save all my toolpathes but there are all the emty sheets.

I think the only way ist to make a complete new file and select all the vectors for different toolpathes again.

I dont use the nesting function again because it makes the files unusable for later changes.

"sad"

figurenholz

Post by figurenholz »

See attachment- what does it mean?
Attachments
snip_20200107182417.png

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

That is the default sheet. If you want to have everything on one sheet and nest again then that is the sheet you want to move them to. The empty sheets will only be removed when you do a nest with something on the default sheet. It only needs to be a single shape if you just want to remove them.