turn off spindle

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jonbigland
Model of CNC Machine: coa cou

turn off spindle

Post by jonbigland »

I have recently purchased a diamond drag bit and when using quick engraving tool path and or setting up tool I do not appear to be able to turn off the spindle . Am I correct in guessing setting spindle speed to zero will work ? :?:
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL
JONATHAN

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Tormach PCNC770

Re: turn off spindle

Post by kstrauss »

I modified my post years ago to allow a zero spindle speed for my drag engraver. However, the release notes for Vcarve 10.018 includes the comment: "Allow zero spindle speed in Diamond Drag tools." I haven't yet tried things with the standard post.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

In the toolpath G-code, M3 starts the spindle while M5 stops it. You can edit the toolpath by eliminating that line, which it will be in the first couple of lines. I use Mach3 where there's and edit button, but you can also use Notepad to edit it. If you try to put a zero r.p.m., in the Edit Tool, it will tell you that r.p.m needs to be greater than zero.

Gary

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

garylmast wrote:In the toolpath G-code, M3 starts the spindle while M5 stops it. You can edit the toolpath by eliminating that line, which it will be in the first couple of lines. I use Mach3 where there's and edit button, but you can also use Notepad to edit it. If you try to put a zero r.p.m., in the Edit Tool, it will tell you that r.p.m needs to be greater than zero.

Gary
Hi Gary,

Hi,

If using a Drag Bit, be sure to actually select a "Drag Bit" from the tool database. That way, you can set your spindle to "0".
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC