Mini wine bottle advent calendar

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
lostcreekwoodworking
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Precision AR8 Pro

Mini wine bottle advent calendar

Post by lostcreekwoodworking »

My wife wants a dozen mini wine bottle advent calendars so her and her friends can paint them. I bought a file on Etsy and it’s for a larger machine than I have so when I scaled it the bottles don’t fit. Anyone have a file that will fit on a 2’x4’ CNC and can be cut with a 1/4” bit?

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Re: Mini wine bottle advent calendar

Post by jimandi5000 »

I an not sure what you need... Can you share an image of it?
Thanks,
Jim

BigC
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee

Post by BigC »

jimandi5000 wrote:I an not sure what you need... Can you share an image of it?
I think he means something like this Jim.
mini wine bottle.jpg
and when he shrinks his file the bottle cutouts also naturally shrink whereby the bottles won't fit anymore.
Maybe a tiling Toolpath would work or split the product up with a view to seamlessly rejoining
Interested to hear what others have to say.
Regards
C

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

I looked at one design for sale in a digital file format on Etsy and it uses 1 sheet of 1/8"x12X20" ply to make the 2 pieces which are 10.5"x10.5" each. The holes in the front board are smaller for the bottle neck and the back board holes are larger. You could even personalize by adding text to the front board for each of her friends. Now a little advice. If I were to do this I would convince my wife that I need a new tool (drum sander, lazer cutter, backhoe). Just thought I'd give my pearls of wisdom.

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Post by jimandi5000 »

Savannahdan wrote:I looked at one design for sale in a digital file format on Etsy and it uses 1 sheet of 1/8"x12X20" ply to make the 2 pieces which are 10.5"x10.5" each. The holes in the front board are smaller for the bottle neck and the back board holes are larger. You could even personalize by adding text to the front board for each of her friends. Now a little advice. If I were to do this I would convince my wife that I need a new tool (drum sander, lazer cutter, backhoe). Just thought I'd give my pearls of wisdom.
Okay, Can you just draw a new one with the correct hols size for thee wine bottles?
Thanks,
Jim

Holzarbeiter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger SR24

Post by Holzarbeiter »

Savannahdan wrote: Now a little advice. If I were to do this I would convince my wife that I need a new tool (drum sander, lazer cutter, backhoe). Just thought I'd give my pearls of wisdom.
They make a backhoe for cnc machines??? :D I like the way you think...go big or go home!
Joe

I have a chip on my shoulder....several more in my hair and lots more all over my shop floor.

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

Jim: what I would do is cut 12 pieces of plywood into 12"x20" sheets and cnc each of those for the women to paint. The one I looked at on Etsy was being sold for $8 and it was ready to use in the Vectric Aspire or VCarve programs. You would have to make the toolpaths based on your tools.

Holzarbeiter: Not for cnc machine but to have some fun just digging up stumps. I got the idea while watching a video of a guy using a HF backhoe to remove stumps.

Holzarbeiter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger SR24

Post by Holzarbeiter »

I’ve always dreamed of owning a backhoe......
Joe

I have a chip on my shoulder....several more in my hair and lots more all over my shop floor.