Reinstallation after a long time without VCarve

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
TonyBurton
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha FX

Reinstallation after a long time without VCarve

Post by TonyBurton »

I have had to replace my PC twice since I last installed VCarve, and it has been over 2 years since the last time I used my Piranha. So, I went to reinstall my software (v. 8.0), and it says my license codes are invalid.

I don't have ANY record of any other license codes of any kind. I do know that there have been a couple of software updates since 8.0, but this is the only installation software I have. My intent was/is to reinstall the software and then update it online.

What the devil do I have to do in order to make use of my Piranha, i.e., install my software and get it all working again?

Thanks!

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Reinstallation after a long time without VCarve

Post by highpockets »

Contact Vectric Support at support@vectric.com
John
Maker of Chips

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Yes, contact support. Licensing methodology has changed since older software and you're likely missing a file necessary to accomplish what you want to do.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

How did you licence the software originally? Was the licence code & details emailed to you? If so can you find the original email? Great thing about gmail is I can find emails I got years ago lol.

Are you sure you are using exactly the same details? The user name & email address used must be the ones you used originally for the licence code to work. :lol: :lol:

Can't remember when customer portals were introduced but if you have one of those then all the software will be in that, ailing that you would need to contact Vectric support for help but they are unlikely to see it until Monday (uk time) :lol: :lol:

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

My first V-Carve Pro package was version 7.5 and it came with a Shark CNC I bought at that time. You indicated you tried to reinstall V 8.0. Could it be that the original version you got was 7.5 and you need to reinstall that and then do online updates? Just a thought.