Cut Tool Path Problems

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
pl14fun
Model of CNC Machine: SharkHD4

Cut Tool Path Problems

Post by pl14fun »

I designed and saved a program to a thumb drive. All is well until it gets to the last pass on the final toolpath cut path. Then, it makes a random cut that is not programmed and ends up ruining the piece. Has anyone experienced this? If so, how was it resolved?

* I deleted the program and reinstalled it, and the same thing happened, but in a different place in the final cut pass.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Cut Tool Path Problems

Post by Adrian »

Could be a lot of things. It could be that the thumb drive wasn't ejected safely so the program wasn't written correctly. Could be that the machine itself is losing steps due to an axis topping out, feed rates being too high, pass depths too much etc.

The general rule of thumb is that if the preview is not showing any issues then it's not an issue with VCarve.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

I would need to see the carve file with toolpath. If the preview shows normal cuts, then I would agree with Adrian that it might be something wrong with your thumb drive. Also, NEVER EVER run a job from the thumb drive. I've done that shortly after getting my machine and it messes up the job, settings, etc.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

ezurick wrote:Also, NEVER EVER run a job from the thumb drive. I've done that shortly after getting my machine and it messes up the job, settings, etc.
I probable run 99% of my jobs from the thumb drive. Extremely long job steps (5+ hours per step), I move to the pendant. I've never had a problem. As soon as I get any kind of read failure when I insert the drive, I toss the drive and grab a new one.