V10 Photo VCarve toolpath vs Lithophane

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
tjimholte
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro 6+

V10 Photo VCarve toolpath vs Lithophane

Post by tjimholte »

Hello all,

I tried to search for information about this but only found earlier info about line spacing. I just downloaded V10.011 and found that was fixed.

It appears that there is no way to make a lithophane like in the stand alone photo vcarve program where you can use tools other than a vbit. I have always used tapered ball nose bits with excellent results to make a lithophane.

I am confused and don't understand why the preview toolpaths menu has the ability to alter brightness of a lithophane when you can't make a lithophane as can be done in Photo VCarve. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

TJ

tjimholte
Vectric Apprentice

Re: V10 Photo VCarve toolpath vs Lithophane

Post by tjimholte »

After digging a little deeper I hear that Vectric has offered a refund to anyone who upgraded based on thinking they would be getting all the features of Photo VCarve so I guess that mostly answers my question. I wonder when they will remove the reference to lithophanes on the toolpath preview screen...

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

tjimholte wrote:After digging a little deeper I hear that Vectric has offered a refund to anyone who upgraded based on thinking they would be getting all the features of Photo VCarve so I guess that mostly answers my question. I wonder when they will remove the reference to lithophanes on the toolpath preview screen...
The preview is valid as you can create a lithopane by importing a 3D relief in VCarve.

tjimholte
Vectric Apprentice

Post by tjimholte »

Thanks Adrian,

But what do you mean import a "3D relief"? Would that come from the Photo VCarve software or Aspire or another??

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

tjimholte wrote:Thanks Adrian,

But what do you mean import a "3D relief"? Would that come from the Photo VCarve software or Aspire or another??
3D model. You've always been able to machine them as lithopanes since 3D toolpaths were added to VCarve.