Roland EGX 300 and VCarve

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
temptat

Roland EGX 300 and VCarve

Post by temptat »

Okay, here's my problem. I'm following Rolands Rhinestone work flow for the EGX 350 ( I'm using an EGX 300).
I zeroed the machine, x,y and z axiis. I then proceeded to make my design (a name) followed all directions. Went okay. Sent design to machine.
It was supposed to make many holes for rhinestones. It made one hole fine. It then proceed to spin in the same hole without moving. Tried to redo the procedure. Can not get the engraver to stop. I hit the emergency stop. When I restarted the engraver it just went to the hole and proceeded to spin. I shut the engraver and the computer down.
Restarted the engraver, zeroed everything and then rebooted computer, opened VCarve and the engraver started to continue with the previous job.
How do I get it to clear and why was it spinning in the one same hole that it bored?
I hope this message is clear.
Thanks,Frank
Courtyard Customs Signs & Designs

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Re: Roland EGX 300 and VCarve

Post by metalworkz »

temptat wrote:Okay, here's my problem. I'm following Rolands Rhinestone work flow for the EGX 350 ( I'm using an EGX 300).
I zeroed the machine, x,y and z axiis. I then proceeded to make my design (a name) followed all directions. Went okay. Sent design to machine.
It was supposed to make many holes for rhinestones. It made one hole fine. It then proceed to spin in the same hole without moving. Tried to redo the procedure. Can not get the engraver to stop. I hit the emergency stop. When I restarted the engraver it just went to the hole and proceeded to spin. I shut the engraver and the computer down.
Restarted the engraver, zeroed everything and then rebooted computer, opened VCarve and the engraver started to continue with the previous job.
How do I get it to clear and why was it spinning in the one same hole that it bored?
I hope this message is clear.
Thanks,Frank
Hello Frank,
In Vcarve did you run the toolpath simulation for your toolpaths? This will give you a good indication of whether the toolpaths you have created are actually doing what you need done. It sounds like maybe you are using 'peck drilling' which will drill a portion of the total depth and then retract to the clear plane and then drill again the same amount and this process will be repeated as many times as needed to drill to the total depth you have designated in the toolpath settings. If you have not already done so I would recommend watching the toolpath to verify it is correct, and if the 'peck drill' option is being used you will see the option box for it checked and the drilling will peck at the hole several times before reaching the total depth. Hope I am not too far off, and maybe this will help you somehow.
I am not sure how your controller software resets the program, but in Mach3 you simply load the program or close it when done, and it has an option to rewind the program to the beginning if it is stopped anywhere in between. There must be an otion for loading the program and closeing it in your software, try to look for something like that maybe.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

temptat

Post by temptat »

Thanks, I'll try redoing that.
Courtyard Customs Signs & Designs