Not cutting properly

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
hbehning
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift

Not cutting properly

Post by hbehning »

After I go to calculate on profile toolpath, the passes are not on the same line so it is cutting off.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Re: Not cutting properly

Post by dealguy11 »

Please post an example. Not clear what you're describing.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

hbehning wrote:After I go to calculate on profile toolpath, the passes are not on the same line so it is cutting off.
Could be many things. Do you have open vectors in the selection? Depending on where the start node is the bit will cut one side or the other. You would need to move the start node or join the vectors depending on what you're trying to achieve.

The other possibility is that you don't understand the Inside/Outside/On settings in the toolpath. The Inside and Outside settings will cut with the edge of the bit on the line. The On setting will cut with the centre of the bit on the line.

If it's not any of those then, as has been said, you need to attach a file showing the issue.

hbehning
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift

Post by hbehning »

I got it figured out thank you

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

hbehning wrote:I got it figured out thank you

To be quite honest, these forums are here for our help and assistance. If you had an issue and got it resolved, then you should spend the few extra minutes explaining what the issue was and how it got resolved. We have many new users of the software, including myself and it might be something that we all may learn. It may not, but at least it would be better than "I have a problem... nevermind I fixed it".

nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ULS M300, Rockler 60th Ann. Shark

Post by nicksilva »

my guess would also have been an open vector. I'm using the Vector Validator a lot more these days to solve problems.
Cheers!
"Out of my mind. Back in 5 Minutes."