My_PostP

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Tormach PCNC770

My_PostP

Post by kstrauss »

I have installed VCarve Desktop v10.010 and it seems to work with previous files. My custom post was moved to My_PostP by the install process but does not appear in the list of available posts. I tried "Install postprocessor" under Toolpaths but without success. What is the trick to getting your posts to appear in the list?

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Re: My_PostP

Post by Bob Reda »

Just went through this with my shopbot. Open program, open file-open application data folder- go to the post processor file, copy your post processor and paste it in my-post processor file. That will be the only post processor to show up on your list in the program

Bob

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

We do have a known issue which should be fixed in the first patch. This is that certain post-processors with the wrong case file extension do not appear. Try renaming the extension to .pp to see if that fixes this.

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kstrauss »

Bingo! Renaming from PPpost95.PP to PPpost95.pp fixes the problem. Thanks for the easy fix!

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kstrauss »

I forgot to add a word of warning that bit me while troubleshooting this problem:
If you edit your VCarve v9.5 .crv file in v10 you cannot go back. VCarve v9.5 complains that the file was created in a newer version of the program and refuses to open it.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

kstrauss wrote:I forgot to add a word of warning that bit me while troubleshooting this problem:
If you edit your VCarve v9.5 .crv file in v10 you cannot go back. VCarve v9.5 complains that the file was created in a newer version of the program and refuses to open it.
There are lots of software programs that are not backward compatible, some software does offer the option to save as an earlier version but Vectric have never had that option that I know of :lol: :lol:

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kstrauss »

Absolutely. The new versions of software data files are often incompatible with older versions and I'm not complaining. I only lost perhaps 5 minutes of work; others might not be so lucky if they discover a fatal bug after hours of work and didn't keep a v9.5 version of their file. Such is a hazard of being an eager early adopter!