Upgrade toVCP10

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
naijin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home made

Upgrade toVCP10

Post by naijin »

Hi there, I have received an E-mail saying that I am entitled to a free upgrade to VCP 10 but when I go to the porthole and try to upgrade I am asked to pay the upgrade fee, what am I doing wrong, or am I not entitled to the free
upgrade?
Regards
Nick :shock: :?:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Upgrade toVCP10

Post by Adrian »

naijin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home made

Post by naijin »

Thanks Adrian, looks like I will have to cash in a few more Pension cheques before upgrading, I better tune up the pace maker again, got all excited before the big downer.
Cheers
Nick :(

FastFarmer
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: BF-30 mill and 360 x 100 lathe

Post by FastFarmer »

naijin wrote:Thanks Adrian, looks like I will have to cash in a few more Pension cheques before upgrading, I better tune up the pace maker again, got all excited before the big downer.
Cheers
Funny, I feel like that. I understand Vectric cant just give software away and sure people will always complain, but is it $US175 of upgrade?
When compared to other free software seems crazy to me..

dbchamber
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Plus

Post by dbchamber »

I got the same email and result and was told that it was an error and that I had to pay. Not good customer relations!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

FastFarmer wrote:
naijin wrote:Thanks Adrian, looks like I will have to cash in a few more Pension cheques before upgrading, I better tune up the pace maker again, got all excited before the big downer.
Cheers
Funny, I feel like that. I understand Vectric cant just give software away and sure people will always complain, but is it $US175 of upgrade?
Can't please all the people all the time. Amongst commercial software providers I've never come across one with such a generous upgrade policy. There has been many a time with other software I've used that I've bought a week before a new version has come out and the policy is "tough, you want it, pay for it". Whereas with Vectric I would have a year.

As for whether the upgrade is worth the cost that is down to the individual. The majority of the new features are of no interest to me but the ones that are have saved me hours per week (I'm a beta tester) so the cost would have been recovered in a few days. For some people there might not be $175 of value in there for others it might be worth ten times that to them.

Comparison to "free" software are always risky. Do they have the level of support that Vectric does, do they offer tutorials and documentation to the level that Vectric does?

timon
Model of CNC Machine: MPCNC runnign GRBL

Post by timon »

I Want to know what free software he is talking about I love to try all the free stuff but LOVE Vectric

I have not found anything as easy and in depth for my money and time I'm super glad I put out the money the node editing update would have made me pay for the upgrade but i squeaked in by 9 days so thank you guys

rtibbs
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot desktop

Post by rtibbs »

I learned a long time ago that there is no free lunch. If you consider Vectric as a whole with what they put into their support, D&M models, POM’s and not the least of how well the software works (Even for a newbie like me) it’s well worth the price. There is no 10 cent loaf of bread any longer folks and if you want expensive, take a family of four to Disneyland or a “Professional” football game for a day :roll:

Mikehell
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: eBay special China 3040

Post by Mikehell »

Adrian wrote:
FastFarmer wrote:
Cheers
Can't please all the people all the time. Amongst commercial software providers I've never come across one with such a generous upgrade policy. There has been many a time with other software I've used that I've bought a week before a new version has come out and the policy is "tough, you want it, pay for it". Whereas with Vectric I would have a year.

As for whether the upgrade is worth the cost that is down to the individual. The majority of the new features are of no interest to me but the ones that are have saved me hours per week (I'm a beta tester) so the cost would have been recovered in a few days. For some people there might not be $175 of value in there for others it might be worth ten times that to them.

Comparison to "free" software are always risky. Do they have the level of support that Vectric does, do they offer tutorials and documentation to the level that Vectric does?

The upgrade from V-Csrve Pro "ShopBot Edition" 9.5 to 10.0 is $500. Ouch.