Machine Zeroing

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
bearcat
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha FX

Machine Zeroing

Post by bearcat »

Recently when I run my machine I have been setting the zero, then hitting run. When it starts now it tries to take the router up and will hit the stop on the servos and attempt to keep going. It then plunges down all the way through the work piece ruining it. I'm tryin to figure out how to stop the machine from going up with I hit start and having it start in place.

CNC piranha with Vcarve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Machine Zeroing

Post by Adrian »

Check your Z settings (mainly Z gap above material) in the Material Setup on the Toolpath tab.

dakotablue
Model of CNC Machine: opensource

Post by dakotablue »

If all else fails, do a full reboot the computer and your controller. Hello from Shelby NC.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Adrian wrote:Check your Z settings (mainly Z gap above material) in the Material Setup on the Toolpath tab.
+1 setting "Z" clearance above material
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

ALSO make sure your HOME position Z is set similarly to safe Z's
NOT sure if your machine's OS has a Safe Z height setting also that might need changing.
scott
OH...NOT your machine but maybe some points for you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OW_f3Hddbs
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

bearcat wrote:Recently when I run my machine I have been setting the zero, then hitting run. When it starts now it tries to take the router up and will hit the stop on the servos and attempt to keep going. It then plunges down all the way through the work piece ruining it. I'm tryin to figure out how to stop the machine from going up with I hit start and having it start in place.

CNC piranha with Vcarve

In your project select the toolpath on the top right, then at the top select [set] under the material setup. Then scroll to the bottom and see the 'Z Gap above the material' setting. I personally never allow more than 1". That usually gives me plenty of space to change the tool and it allow clearance if I have pattern board on top my spoil board. I make a habit and ALWAYS check that setting whenever I create a new project or I mess with someone else's project. I don't have servo cutoffs and I my Z went into the top and of course it threw off my settings. I was lucky enough to stop it before anything else happened. Important to learn all those setting on the material setup.