Vector movement

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
skieva
Model of CNC Machine: X-Carve

Vector movement

Post by skieva »

Awhile back I saw a video that uses a - or + to adjust the movement of a vector. I cannot remember which video. Can someone point me to a video to demonstrates this. I am trying to adjust the dimensions of an opposing oval to make a box fit properly.

Skip....

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Vector movement

Post by mtylerfl »

skieva wrote:Awhile back I saw a video that uses a - or + to adjust the movement of a vector. I cannot remember which video. Can someone point me to a video to demonstrates this. I am trying to adjust the dimensions of an opposing oval to make a box fit properly.

Skip....
Are you sure about that, Skip? I don't know of any method of moving a vector using the - or + keys

You can use the regular Set Size tool to adjust the size of your oval to whatever is needed.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

Did you see this video in regards to "Node Edit Mode"? I am not a seasoned expert like Michael, but I looked at that and I see no other way to move vectors except by grabbing the black boxes and move them with your mouse. Or am I way off of what you mean?

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Skip,

We’re probably not understanding your question properly. Could you provide more details, please?
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

I'll move some vectors using the directional keys on my keyboard but usually default to using the black boxes ezurick is referring to. I tried to see what the + and - would do and they did nothing. So, I'm curious as well.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

All I can think is that the video showed the Move dialog (shortcut key M) with the move mode set to absolute and the person then entered postive/negative numbers into the X Y fields.

bbiehl
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick II 3x5; Aspire 11.5

Post by bbiehl »

You can also move the node of a vector by selecting the black node (it turns red) and then using the arrow keys. Or use the numerical pad arrow keys with the Num Lock turned off. How much it moves with each stroke depends on how far you are zoomed in.

-brian

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

You can also move the node of a vector by selecting the black node (it turns red) and then using the arrow keys. Or use the numerical pad arrow keys with the Num Lock turned off. How much it moves with each stroke depends on how far you are zoomed in.

-brian

Hey Brian,

That is pretty nifty!!! :shock: I have been a user of this software since March 2016 and was totally unaware of this feature. The more you Zoom in the less the node moves/nudges.

Note: You really don't even need a node selected. You can actually move a feature (circle, box, etc...) using the numerical keyboard (4 left, 6 right, 8 up, & 2 down) or if your keyboard has arrow keys you can use those!!!

AWESOME Tip!! Thanks Brian!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.004

Bobtail Farm
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Post by Bobtail Farm »

bbiehl wrote:You can also move the node of a vector by selecting the black node (it turns red) and then using the arrow keys. Or use the numerical pad arrow keys with the Num Lock turned off. How much it moves with each stroke depends on how far you are zoomed in.

-brian

+1

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

You can also move more than one node at a time. Just click and drag across the nodes you want to move (or shift click) and then use the arrow keys.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

The 4 "Node editing" Tips and Tricks REALLY helped me when I saw them when they came out.....short AND informative...the way I like them:)
http://support.vectric.com/tips-and-tricks/select.php
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

So much for the Tips & Tricks forum... lol. just satin' :)