Help!!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Bumps
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XL

Help!!

Post by Bumps »

HELP!!
I have a problem that I can't work out.
I run with VCarve Pro and Shapeoko XL. When I load a new program the cutter moves to the XYZ position but then does nothing although the computer shows that it is moving through the program!
If I load an old file it cuts it no problem! I think it might be a programming problem although really I have not got a clue. Is anyone able to help?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Help!!

Post by Adrian »

Have you selected a different post processor (when you save the toolpaths from VCarve) by mistake or changed it?

Bumps

Post by Bumps »

No, it is just the same as always, I have gone through everything got me completely baffled.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Does your machine transfer the code via an SD card? Might be worth trying a different one if so. There have been people with similar issues in the past here that did that and it worked again.

Bumps

Post by Bumps »

Hi Adrian
You were right.
I do most of my work on my computer in the house then download to a stick and take it to the computer in my workshop. I recently load VCarve Pro onto my computer in my workshop. I checked my main computer and the post-processor was correct. but when I checked my workshop one it was wrong! I have changed it and now everything is back to normal.
Thanks for bringing my attention to it.