molding tools

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jgstang
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: iconic 2015

molding tools

Post by jgstang »

I have the vcarve pro and would like to do texturing but I click on the molding icon and noting comes up like on the vidios I see.. how do I bring up the molding tools ? thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: molding tools

Post by Adrian »

Are you sure you're not looking at videos for Aspire rather than VCarve?

jgstang
Vectric Apprentice

Post by jgstang »

Your right! i'm looking at aspire dang it.. i'm getting close with vc but i keep getting that damn open vectors, need to un-group and join i think it says.. can't seem to figure it out though!

jgstang
Vectric Apprentice

Post by jgstang »

this aspire isn't cheap etheir, damn, should have bought it instead of vcp

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Hello jgstang,

Open Vectors (especially when using V-Carve/Engraving Toolpath)

1.) note the first image we have two lines (zoom in on big circle to see second line), two circles, and a square.
open vectors 0.png
2.) an error message appears when trying to create this Toolpath on all vectors shown here (note second image).
open vectors 1.png
***Note: when using the V-Carve/Engraving Toolpath all vectors must be closed vectors otherwise use a Profile Toolpath.

3.) Even though the big circle looks like a closed vector it is not because I deliberately cut a node on that circle so
therefore it is an open vector. It is not until you check for open vectors (right click a vector or group of vectors and
select 'Selection/Select All Open Vectors' or zoom in to find them).

4.) Also a vector (line) is not readily seen unless you zoom in real tight on the big circle center. Stray vectors can
occur from time to time that is why it is important to select all vectors then right click and select 'Selection/Select
All Open Vectors' and you will have to zoom in tight to find those stray vectors or just deselect the ones that are visible
holding shift key down once you get all the visible ones release shift key then hit delete on the keyboard that will eliminate
the stray vectors that you cannot see unless you zoom in.

This is a brief explanation as to why the open vectors pop-up occurs when trying to create the V-Carve/Engraving Toolpath.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What is it that you are trying to do? A couple of example pictures would help. From that then some of the forum members may be able to suggest ways to achieve or get close to what you want using Vcarve.

As has already been said the upgrade price is just the difference between the 2 software packages.

https://www.vectric.com/purchase

jgstang
Vectric Apprentice

Post by jgstang »

Glad you asked.. I've been doing signs that to me look plain now, I look at the one's with texturing and they look really cool! that being said, here is what i'm trying to do using vcarve pro then add the text unless I can figure out how to do it at the same time!