Toolpath help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
tomtom989898
Model of CNC Machine: X-carve

Toolpath help

Post by tomtom989898 »

I'm sorry to be another one of those help me with a toolpath newbies but still new to the software. I am trying to cut out a camping sign for my mother and still' can't get it to look right. For instance, I figured an inlay would be nice for the middle, profile for the camper and the vbit the palmtrees and sand but for whatever reason, the fire and the beach chair doesn't seem to want to split. I have attached a screenshot, but also do not mind sharing the file if someone wants to show me how they would do it so I have a reference, more of a visual learner myself.
camping.PNG

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: Toolpath help

Post by TReischl »

Hard to say without looking at the file. It is always a good idea to post the file if you can. Takes a minute or so. If the file is too big then pop it into something like DropBox and provide a link.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

With the fire and chair the "problem" will be an open vector running into a closed vector. You can use node edit to break the chair and fire away but then you'll need to decide how you want to handle the open vectors with the inlay you want to do.

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

I would suggest not trying an inlay until you have done at least a couple of signs using the VCarve toolpath by itself. The Help-Help Contents can be very useful when you are trying to understand toolpath behavior.

Learning the software for most of us is neither quick nor easy. It takes time.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

tomtom989898
Model of CNC Machine: X-carve

Post by tomtom989898 »

Thanks guys for the ideas, thinking it might be the closed vector issue on that, let me see what I can do. Here is the file in case you would like to look

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3c639ihssll1 ... g.crv?dl=0