Z li it problem

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
blmac5
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Z li it problem

Post by blmac5 »

I am attempting to use my rotary to try and engrave a pen blank. Not even sure it can be done, but trying.
As you can see by the picture, I get a low Z limit just above the blank. I think the problem is the blue box next to the Z
window. I think I need to turn that box off but can't figure out to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
20190526_171357-1600x1200.jpg
20190526_171433-1600x1200.jpg

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Z li it problem

Post by SteveNelson46 »

On the command line at the top of the WINcnc screen type G49 to clear the blue box. G92 will clear the offsets (red boxes). If you have the FTC function, calibrate switch to reset the z-zero to the center of rotation (blue box) then reset z-zero offset (red box) to the top of the material. In the instructions it says to use the touch top plate but you can just move the bit to the top of the material and click on the Zero Z button. When I first started using my Camaster I was confused about this also. If you are using the top of the material for z-zero it is important to follow the instructions in the exact order listed.
Attachments
FTC Instructions.pdf
(34.78 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Nick-Canarywood3.jpg
Steve

blmac5
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Re: Z li it problem

Post by blmac5 »

Thanks for the help Steve, problem solved. Got the pen engraved and is OK but still need to
tweak it some more. It's a lot of engraving for such a small area. I think it would work
a lot better if I could figure out how to convert the image to a single line vector. But it's
a start, again thanks for the help. Like you pens, very nice.

Bobby
Louisiana
Attachments
GOT.jpg
GOT2.jpg