images and importing

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
unclebill
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD Extended Bed

images and importing

Post by unclebill »

Hi Everyone,
I confess that I am very New to CNC. I'm 70, retired , disabled Marine Corps veteran.
I have to ask here because I know NO ONE in Mississippi that I can go to. I don't know the Jargon or language or what is called what. I'm learning fast.
Question: from Where can One purchase, Borrow, receiver From the Importing jobs, images or What ever they are called. I'm wanting to get a Marine Corps Emblem, a flag, and several other Patriotic designs. I'm willing to Pay for each and everyone but don't know where to go to get them. aka: Design website, Forum or store.
Any Help would be Appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Uncle Bill

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: images and importing

Post by TReischl »

Check your messages up above.

A good bet for you is Design and Make.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

A fantastic flag model is at http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... el#p231668. ...and it's FREE. It's done by TReischl.

If you're not familiar with Design and Make, it's here: https://store.designandmake.com/

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

gkas wrote:A fantastic flag model is at http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... el#p231668. ...and it's FREE. It's done by TReischl.

If you're not familiar with Design and Make, it's here: https://store.designandmake.com/
Thanx GK. It was my pleasure.

I had forgot that VCarve could download STL files. I tell ya, this getting older has some interesting side effects, like a memory that only works part time.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

TReischl wrote:I had forgot that VCarve could download STL files. I tell ya, this getting older has some interesting side effects, like a memory that only works part time.
...tell me about it :roll:

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

unclebill wrote:Hi Everyone,
I confess that I am very New to CNC. I'm 70, retired , disabled Marine Corps veteran.
I have to ask here because I know NO ONE in Mississippi that I can go to. I don't know the Jargon or language or what is called what. I'm learning fast.
Question: from Where can One purchase, Borrow, receiver From the Importing jobs, images or What ever they are called. I'm wanting to get a Marine Corps Emblem, a flag, and several other Patriotic designs. I'm willing to Pay for each and everyone but don't know where to go to get them. aka: Design website, Forum or store.
Any Help would be Appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Uncle Bill
I buy from Design and make as well but when I was looking for some specific military emblems I found the following place. I believe this guy is on this forum as well.

www.cncmilitaryemblems.com/products.php

They were very detailed and a good place to buy.

Mark

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Another source for items intended for v-carving (not 3d carving) is www.vectorart.com (this is a different site than vectorart3d.com, which was renamed to DesignandMake.com). They don't have military emblems, but they do have lots of images of weapons systems, some flags, animals like eagles, and others. It's best to keep your search broad (for example, "flag" rather than "US flag" gives you more results).
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

If your projects are for fun/gift etc (non commercial)... you can get the military emblems/logos right from the DoD website. https://dod.defense.gov/About/Military-Service-Seals/

Of course if you are commercial, requesting use of those graphics is pretty easy and they are usually most generous... especially to veterans... they may ask what your sales margin is... they normally don't look to make a buck like profit corporations...

dbrook
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 4x4 DIY Router

Post by dbrook »

You are not alone in Mississippi as a Vectric user. There is a small group of Vcarve and Aspire users in the north central region of the state. Several of us communicate and share ideas on an almost daily basis. Send me private message and I will be happy to let you know more about the group.

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Post by Stephen50 »

As a retired military veteran myself, the site you might want to visit is cncmilitaryemblems.com the site has numerous images of all four branches to include other government agencies. Hope this helps.