point about letter spacing and “lessons learned”

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: point about letter spacing and “lessons learned”

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I was missing out on another feature that the desktop version didn't have
Nope. Both the desktop and the full versions permit the user to enter conflicting names vs. dimensions in the tool database. PICNIC errors are fully supported in both versions.

Problem
In
Chair
Not
In
Computer
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

That's funny Randall...

Maybe someone should consider to start a thread of "the wall of shame"? lol. I know I have quite a few to add within the few months since I started. I'd say 99.9% was usually my own errors. But some are kinda hard to find. A few weeks ago I started on a new project and sent it to my machine. All of a sudden the spindle started traveling way off... I ran and hit stop. I scratched my head for hours trying to think what was wrong... here when I created the new project in Vcarve... some how... some way... big numbers got input to the "offset" from center. I know I didn't put them in there on purpose because I never have a need for it... but it nearly ruined me if I wasn't so alert. I do try to re-check certain settings before I start a new project now... As some may know, old age doesn't help much... lol.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Hello Everyone,
Nope. Both the desktop and the full versions permit the user to enter conflicting names vs. dimensions in the tool database. PICNIC errors are fully supported in both versions.

Problem
In
Chair
Not
In
Computer
Unquote

Thought Randall's statement above was rather amusing so I took a little time and created this to hang in my workshop.
Picnic.png
Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554