Nesting Multiple Materials in the same file

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
TSmith88
Model of CNC Machine: Onsrud

Re: Nesting Multiple Materials in the same file

Post by TSmith88 »

Greolt wrote:I regularly nest a large number of odd shapes onto different material sheets.

On type of material is standard cut to 800 x 600 and others 800 x 500.

I simply set material size to one size, nest all the shapes that need to be cut from that and export the nest to a file type ready for the laser.

Then change the material size to the next sheet size and nest the shapes needed from that material. Export those to the laser file type.

Now you will of course notice that this is just using the nesting facility. Not really producing Vectric cut files with them.

So I can understand posters not seeing any need to do this. Just shows there are many and varied uses for Vectric software.

Sometimes questions asked make sense to the poster, but not to those who use the software in only the conventional way.
I was at my old shop for 5 years using a completely different software to accomplish what I'm now using VCarve to do, so I'm still stuck in my way of thinking using the logic my old program used. I've only been here for 6 months and am just now getting started using VCarve so it's a lot to learn, and a lot of adjusting the way I used to do things.

I appreciate the help of the people on the forums, I'll get the hang of it but it'll take some time.