How to set feeds and speed for a job

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
mikenbrenda
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XXL

How to set feeds and speed for a job

Post by mikenbrenda »

How do I set or edit the feeds and speeds for a job, all I see is a tool database, I was use to carbide create and it would figure by type of wood and you could edit them then. What am I missing I have vcarve desktop thanks

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: How to set feeds and speed for a job

Post by TReischl »

When you are creating a tool path you need to select a tool. When you click that select button the tool database opens. When you click on a particular tool it will show you the feeds etc. So you have to click on a tool to see the info about it.

Have you looked at any of the tutorial videos?
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

mikenbrenda

Post by mikenbrenda »

I know how that works, however can't you adjust it for a certain Job was my question, I would here to modify whats exactly in the tool database just for one job.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

mikenbrenda wrote:I know how that works, however can't you adjust it for a certain Job was my question, I would here to modify whats exactly in the tool database just for one job.
Yes, you can EDIT the toolpath settings for a particular bit just for a particular job (without affecting the actual tool database permanently). Copied from your VCarve Owners Manual:

Clicking the Edit button opens the Edit Tool form which allows the cutting parameters for the selected tool to be modified, without changing the master information in the database. Hovering the mouse cursor over the tool name will display a tool tip indicating where in the Tool Database the tool was selected from.

Visit: http://support.vectric.com/aspire-quest ... lpath-form

...and...This video should be helpful for you:

https://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V ... s=database
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

mikenbrenda wrote:I know how that works, however can't you adjust it for a certain Job was my question, I would here to modify whats exactly in the tool database just for one job.
Short answer is yes you can adjust tools just for a job/project... but!

As a newbie myself to Vcarve, I would suggest, as others have said, to watch some of the vectric tutorials. Since you are familiar with another system/program, you should be able to rifle through quite a few without elementary confusion like I've had when starting with vcarve. Some of them really help.

mikenbrenda

Post by mikenbrenda »

Yes I have been using the many tutorials out there for sure and have been using VCarve for a few months, however just could not find a specific thing on editing the tool speeds and feeds for a job, and i seen the edit button, just thought it edited the database.

But I got my answer thanks for the manual reference..I never found that either in the manual is quite large..

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The manual can be quite daunting if you look at it as a whole but if you access the Help Contents from the Help menu it's fully interactive so you can click on the images on the first page and then the subsequent ones to drill right down to the exact tool you're on.